Can anyone tell me about Gigabyte's GA-EP45T-DS3R?

VazCeNt

Solid State Member
I'm building a new computer, and I was wondering about the motherboard mentioned in the title. You can find it here.
So it's only $175, supports DDR3 up to 1900 (OC'd) and 16 gb's of RAM. Only two people have reviewed it, although both rated it five out of five. Part of me wants to get it, although I'm unsure about it have just one PCI Express x16 slot and one x8 slot. My question is, if what graphics cards would fit into the x8 slot? Most just at reduced speeds? Or just x8 graphics cards. Anyways, suggestions on a better motherboard or whether or not this one might be good are appreciated. Thanks.

I'm building a new computer, and I was wondering about the motherboard mentioned in the title. You can find it here.
So it's only $175, supports DDR3 up to 1900 (OC'd) and 16 gb's of RAM. Only two people have reviewed it, although both rated it five out of five. Part of me wants to get it, although I'm unsure about it have just one PCI Express x16 slot and one x8 slot. My question is, if what graphics cards would fit into the x8 slot? Most just at reduced speeds? Or just x8 graphics cards. Anyways, suggestions on a better motherboard or whether or not this one might be good are appreciated. Thanks.

Gigabyte makes very good motherboards and the x8 just means that if you xfire two ATI video cards, both won't run at x16, one will and the other will run x8, it looks like a decent board and has DDR2 and DDR3, just in case you want to go that route when it becomes more mainstream...

What do you mean barely four? 64 bit windows can support 16. Actually, higher end OS's like Vista Ultimate can have up to 128, although good luck finding a mobo for that. It doesn't have both DDR2 and DDR3 though. There is a separate model without the T on the end that is a DDR2 mobo. Thanks for the help. I wasn't sure about the whole x8 thing, although I believe that is often the case with mobos even if they have 2 x16 slots (I've read reviews where people claim they don't get the x16 on both slots).

i think what he meant was that not many people used up all 4gb of ram, unless it was an server computer.
i was about to get a Gigbyte mobo before, but my friend said he had bad experience with them and told me to get another on, but i think i will still get it if i wanted to.

Oh, well in that case. It's all about the future proof! I don't really want a top of the line mobo with Nehalem coming already.. I almost want Nehalem to fail.

What do you mean barely four? 64 bit windows can support 16. Actually, higher end OS's like Vista Ultimate can have up to 128, although good luck finding a mobo for that. It doesn't have both DDR2 and DDR3 though. There is a separate model without the T on the end that is a DDR2 mobo. Thanks for the help. I wasn't sure about the whole x8 thing, although I believe that is often the case with mobos even if they have 2 x16 slots (I've read reviews where people claim they don't get the x16 on both slots).

dude, even 8GBs is overkill with regards to RAM, and it's kinda weird that Gigabyte would have a product and not list it on their site, the specs for the board you listed, the GA-EP45T-DS3R, say that DDR3 is supported, there is no GA-EP45T-DS3RT...

GA-EP45T-DS3R

Sorry, I sort of typed it out wrong. The T isn't at the very end, it is at the end of the EP45. For example, the EP45T supports only DDR3, whereas the EP45 only supports DDR2.

EP45
EP45T

Sorry, I sort of typed it out wrong. The T isn't at the very end, it is at the end of the EP45. For example, the EP45T supports only DDR3, whereas the EP45 only supports DDR2.

EP45
EP45T

ah, that explains why I couldn't find it, again, it's looks like a decent motherboard and the thing with Gigabytes are that they're pretty cool looking with their color schemes, especially if you get a clear side panel on your case...

I am still curious as to why someone needs 16gbs of RAM lol

Are you planning on folding a cure for cancer?

:p

Back
Top Bottom