Do you know what really irritates me? Kage's version

I had a history teacher who always said "essentially". That and his monotone voice made it for good napping.

@Lac3y: It's OK to use it sometimes, but I don't see why you have to use it over and over and over. Just use whatever object's name you're referring to.

And you also get some really annoying speech habits some people have.

I know someone who somehow manages to shoehorn "to be quite honest" into almost every single sentence, and somebody else who discusses stuff without always specifying what it is. She might say "Where's the what-do-you-call-it/thingy"... what's "thingy", I reply. It's completely counterproductive. Please think of what you're actually trying to ask for before asking for it.

Whoops, I can do that sometimes... the thingy thing anyways, haha

Any word of phrase is annoying when its out of place or used repeatedly. Personally I hate it when people say you know, that thing

No I don't!

People that use the phrase "You know what I mean?"

Its bad when its used the once, but when one person uses it constantly after a sentence that would require a response, argh.

I thought I'd make a thread about it, since one is already up and I didn't want to put this into the other.

It started to annoy me when my mates girlfriend used it constantly in a phone conversation.

Since then, (were talking months now), my brains latched onto the term everytime someone says it, and its become an annoyance. I actually start to hate the people using the phrase, haha.

The amount of times I've just walked past someone on the street, and 1 in every 20 times, its someone saying "you know what I mean?" to the person beside them, or worse, someone with a bluetooth phone.

At work, I heard this girl while I was working, using the phrase at least 30 times in 5 minutes.
My dad does that, and I picked it up from him, but neither of us say that anywhere near as much as the people you speak of.

Fun game...
when you go to a restaurant with a lot of people and the waiter/waitress comes to take your order, see who can throw in the most "likes" while giving the order.

Back
Top Bottom