Gallery: Your Workstation

-I don't have as high of a res, but I don't need 85Hz, or at least I don't see why I would.
If you can have it, then why not? 85Hz is better than 60Hz. And the higher the res, the less jaggys and better looking games. 1920x1440 is going to look better than 1600x1200 on a 22".
-Yes, the response time is so miniscule that I can't even see it, so what difference does it make?
You could say that, but my point is still valid. Although perhaps not in your opinion.
-Why would I want to run at a lower res? And, as long as the res is still in the same aspect ratio, I don't have a skewed image
I can't run Mass Effect at 1920x1440 without slowdowns, so I switch to 1600x1200. Still a perfect image. If the same thing happened to me on an LCF, I'd be forced to drop below the native res, and add some AA, which wouldn't look as good.
-I am not taking you as a lier, but do you have any sources to back up your last statement?
See for yourself, compare a CRT and an LCD, and I mean a decent CRT, not something from 1990. You'll see the difference.

And lastly, I'd like to add a big IMO to all that.

I like debates, they're fun :D

BTW: i think Worshipme needs to check the specs on our monitors. They are simply out of the water. CRT couldn't compare :p
OK, fine by me. But I have a nice warm feeling inside knowing the truth :p.

OK, fine by me. But I have a nice warm feeling inside knowing the truth .

LOL - i believe you, and i know they are better monitors. But see with technology today, its nice to have the HD option for the monitor. i guees its preference, but i love my sexy monitor. :D

If you can have it, then why not? 85Hz is better than 60Hz. And the higher the res, the less jaggys and better looking games. 1920x1440 is going to look better than 1600x1200 on a 22".
You don't get jaggys when you have vertical sync enabled, and you wont see a difference in smoothness once you get past 60 frames, not realisticly at least. It is again an opinion, but one with good solid ground beneath the feet.

You could say that, but my point is still valid. Although perhaps not in your opinion.
Yea neither of us can really argue this point any further.

I can't run Mass Effect at 1920x1440 without slowdowns, so I switch to 1600x1200. Still a perfect image. If the same thing happened to me on an LCF, I'd be forced to drop below the native res, and add some AA, which wouldn't look as good.
If you are using the same aspect ratio resolutions, then you shouldn't have to change any settings.

See for yourself, compare a CRT and an LCD, and I mean a decent CRT, not something from 1990. You'll see the difference.
I didn't know they still made CRT, lmao. j/k. This point again can be debated nearly all day without much improvement :p

And lastly, I'd like to add a big IMO to all that.
Ditto.

I like debates, they're fun :D
again, ditto.

OK, fine by me. But I have a nice warm feeling inside knowing the truth :p.
3rd time, ditto. :D

You don't get jaggys when you have vertical sync enabled,
I think you're confusing "jaggys" with "tearing".
and you wont see a difference in smoothness once you get past 60 frames
I'm not talking about the frame rate, just about the strain on your eyes.
I didn't know they still made CRT, lmao. j/k. This point again can be debated nearly all day without much improvement
I have the Dell P1230, I'm not sure how old it is, but I bought it new about 6 months ago. I admit it's a bit of an ugly bastard though :p I swear that when my desk finally folds under it's weight, it's going to fall through the ceiling and kill someone. :D

Hey, how about this. Your monitor wins on looks, mine wins of functionality. I doubt you'll agree to the second part though.

UPDATES!

Ok, these are pictures of my current setup. That first computer there on the right with the pipe screen saver is the secondary rig, the 4000X2 etc. The one with dual monitor's is the workstation, and the one with the widescreen monitor is the main gaming rig. The huge 21" CRT is hooked up to that dell E510 right below it, its the media center pc that's networked in through my server so i can stream movies and watch tv.

PIC_0334.jpg

PIC_0335.jpg

PIC_0336.jpg

PIC_0338.jpg

Hey, how about this. Your monitor wins on looks, mine wins of functionality. I doubt you'll agree to the second part though.
Your right, I don't agree to the second part. How about mine wins on looks, and yours wins on traditional design? :D

BTW Bullzi, nice setup, execpt the picture quality of those pics are horrendous. :(

Does the window right behind your monitor ever bother you?

i was thinking the same thing LOL
Well I ask that partly because, if you noticed, my window is also right behind my monitor. Usually it doesn't bother me, but sometimes in the morning the light will be shining at just the right angle to be super bring and annoying.

UPDATES!

Ok, these are pictures of my current setup. That first computer there on the right with the pipe screen saver is the secondary rig, the 4000X2 etc. The one with dual monitor's is the workstation, and the one with the widescreen monitor is the main gaming rig. The huge 21" CRT is hooked up to that dell E510 right below it, its the media center pc that's networked in through my server so i can stream movies and watch tv.

**Pictures removed for qoute reasons**
You have a nice set of computers and nice setup there.

Back
Top Bottom