HELP easy C++ question

For real? I'm out of it. That's what I used to learn C++ and I found it easy, so I just recommended. I personally use C++ 2008 Express lol. There's a lot of stuff because of the .net framework and such so I though dev would be easier for him..

I would still recommend dev-cpp. VC++ 2008 is ok but you can't be sure what is MFC and what is not, which is dangerous because you can end up learning "Microsoft C++" instead of C++ and when you don't have the VC++ libraries you are stuck

I agree with David on the dependancy issues with visual libraries. VC++ isn't really pure C++ and would need modifying to be used on a non windows platform. Of course, if you're just a casual coder that probably isn't an issue to you. I use Eclipse IDE which, although is harder to get something working quickly, does allow flexibility and greater debugging facilities (which will ultimately save you time in the long run - trust me on that)
At the end of the day its personal preference when it comes to compilers. Once you learn one well (and its limitations i.e. libraries) you should have no trouble switching to whatever you need to use.

I use DevC++ as my compiler and haven't had any problems with it. It seems legit. On my linux machine I use g++....anyways seeing as you're able to run your program to check it, there is obviously an executable file being created somewhere but the question is whether or not it is being destroyed after each instance is completed. Typically that is not the case unless you explicitly tell the compiler to do this (but why? my point exactly). So you just need to search around and find the location where the compiler is writing it's files to.

cool

now all of my geeky fantisies.............
well most of them
could come true

have a gaming rig that runs dual 30" LCD monitors
would be priceless IMHO
but thats another thread

Back
Top Bottom