video card, buy a second or upgrade?

ionscorp

Baseband Member
Hey Guys,

I have just purchased my new shiny computer and plan to just use my old computers video card (8800 GT OC). My new mobo supports tri sli (shocking enough) and I was planning on purchasing a second 8800 GT due to prices being so cheap.. My question is, should I get a second card, or upgrade to a new (single) card.

I just plan to play the latest games, Age of Conan, Crysis, Cod4, and any of the newer games coming out now adays...

Thanks for the advice =x

Well...how much would you be willing to spend if you could buy another card? I think if you buy the HD4870 it might outperform 2 8800GTs (Not GTS, just meant plural) in SLI. I could be wrong.

yeah, if you got $300 to spend, get the 4870, easily the best card in that price range, if you want to spend less, get a 4850 for about $150 (also easily the best card in it's price range), in most games, you won't even be able to tell the difference...

you can OC the 4850 and it will almost be as good as a stock 4870, but OTOH, you can also OC the 4870 and blow the pants off the 4850 and just about every other card...

it really depends on how much you want to spend on the card...

He may as well get a second 8800GT instead of an HD 4850. It will cost the same and the 8800GT SLI setup will outperform a single 4850.

thanks for the advice guys... Just wondering if there is an nvidia alternative.. I dislike ati =/

Back
Top Bottom