Random Chit Chat #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=74371

That is in essence saying that it's fine to ask about using pirated software as long as you do it in a PM. It just doesn't seem right to me.

I'm sorry but you've just noticed that now?

How many times have links to torrents been removed with the saying "Keep links to PM"? This is the same thing. Esentially it's just keeping the dude from making another thread, or another post about it.

How does that show me condoning it? Hell, if anything it's just me stating that I know what goes on in PMs and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

I don't think it's right to help in a PM either.

No it's not, but we can't stop it. We know it happens but we have no way to know who's doing it.

Well, I guess we differing views on this then. I just don't think mods should be suggesting getting around the rules is all.

Well, I guess we differing views on this then. I just don't think mods should be suggesting getting around the rules is all.

You never seemed to care when people were told to take their Torrent links to PM seeing as how linking in public is against the rules. What makes this any different?

You have still failed to point out how it's condoning it. All I said if anyone wanted to help him they could throught PM. If I was condoning it, I would have said something like "Good job not paying so much for that man! Do this _______"

Well, since I don't usually read the torrent threads, I don't see where you suggest taking it to a PM. In fact, I do know how to help the person in question, I chose not to even through a PM.

Either way, I still don't think it's the right thing to do. That's your prerogative if you want to handle the subject of pirated software that way. I wouldn't if I were a mod.

You may not, but pretending to be naive about the fact that people would still help VIA PM doesn't help either. It's a lose-lose situation.

Does anyone know the name of that film with the alien invasion, and there were crop circles in the fields during the days before, and there was a some sort of listening station. I think it was set in the austraian outback :confused: I cant for the life of me remeber the name of it :(

I'm not being naive about it celegorm. I just wouldn't be telling members it's fine and dandy to do it through a PM if I were a mod.

BrynF_UK -
The name of the movie is Signs.

No. thats wrong. I know which one your talking about though. Dang it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom