Is This Rig Good for GAMING?

worship me... the memory you recommended me comes with 2 chips...
does the two has 4gb each or 2gb each that makes it 4gb??? and what is its
bit capacity??? 64bit??

when looking at memory kits, it'll tell you how much total memory it is...ex. 4GB, then inside the parenthesis it'll tell you how many modules bring it up to that amount...(2x2GB), which means two modules, each having 2GBs, some 4GB kits are four 1GB modules, (4x1GB), it's better to use the least amount of modules needed to run whatever amount of memory you want in dual channel, so the best configuration for 4GBs is two modules with 2GBs each, that way you have two more available slots if you want to add more and you can run it in dual channel, 1 stick of 4GBs will run in single channel...

you haven't listed your new choice for a motherboard, only which northbridge you want, so we don't know what memory standards are supported yet, but you probably don't want the bare minimum, PC2 8000 or 8500 would probably be your best bets if your chipset supports it, you may even be able to get PC2 6400 and OC it close to 900MHZ, my PC2 5300 (667MHZ) is running at 740MHZ as I type this and I haven't had any problems...

core 2 quad isn't gonna do you any good because games right now do not support more than 2 cores so having 4 cores will not help you any while gaming, thus, the core 2 duo will be the better choice.

Unless you wanna be running two games at once ^__________^

Back
Top Bottom