Looking for A Chat Logger

syvmn1

Baseband Member
Hello,
I have 2 young kids that do a lot of chatting online both in specific programs and in chat rooms. I'm wondering if there is a program out there that will keep track of their conversations so I can make sure that they are being appropriate with their internet privileges. They use AIM, MyspaceIM, and online chat rooms.

I have found a few things that keep track of one side of the conversation but not the other. Any help would be very appreciated.

Sam

I don't use these instant message programs you listed, but have you checked to see (if they are installed programs - AIM is, but the others Im not sure) if there's a log built-in? I know with programs like Trillian, if you drill down into it via My Computer --> Program Files-->Trillian ... you might find a folder that holds a log of conversations with individual screennames.

Are we allowed to help on this kinda thing?

Anyway if your kids are talking to people online that you'd rather not have them talk to, I think you should talk to them about it instead of spying on your kids.

plenty of child safety keyloggers out there, just google keylogger..

But then again, I could be in trouble for even saying that...

why don't you just tell them how you feel? plus, why would they chat in random chat rooms? why would you wanna chat with a stranger? i knew when i was like 16, chatrooms online were just dumb and boring, and had no point. most of my friends and i just added people that WE KNEW on our buddy lists and we'd chat.

why don't you just tell them how you feel? plus, why would they chat in random chat rooms? why would you wanna chat with a stranger? i knew when i was like 16, chatrooms online were just dumb and boring, and had no point. most of my friends and i just added people that WE KNEW on our buddy lists and we'd chat.

fo shizzle. im 16 :D and this is true

You never know what runs through some peoples (or kids) minds. I still think you should confront them first.

Yeah, I'm no parent, but the way you want to go about it, is wrong in my opinion.
Kids need a bit of freedom (you don't know they are doing anything wrong, but invading privacy is a big no no), or they'll torture you later, in their teenage years, which could lead them to go off the rails etc, and I'm sure you wouldn't want that.

the thing is, when you guys do get kids you want to protect them all you can, she is only doing her job.

umm but this one no i can't help

Back
Top Bottom