Thermal Paste

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
Well i guess i put too much on my cpu about a month ago. im thinking about re doing it tonight. how long does this stuff last in the toob? i have about half a tube left and its been sitting in my closet for ~1 month, is it still good?

im guessing its still good.
mines sat in a box for about 6 months, and i recently put some in my old graphics card, and it still works

ahh well i squirted a little out (eww :p) and it looked just the same as when it came in the mail. im gonna go for it

Yea, that stuff lasts nearly forever if it's sealed up nice and tight. I'm still working off a tube I got from Radio Shack years ago.

well i went through with it and my temps are actually a lot better i stay in the low 30's idle but have yet to game at all. i will soon

You have a heat pipe direct touch cooler, you need to apply the thermal paste differently to other people. I have always used this method:

First, fill in the valleys between the heatpipes with paste, then apply thin lines along each pipe.

I've seen the single line method on HDT coolers work too. You own one though, I'll take your word for it.

i am thinking of getting some arctic silver 5 and put some on my CPU, and chisets, how much do i put, i know to put a little. But how much is the right amount?
and maybe the graphics card in like a month when i wouldnt be scared of actually doing something to it.

Back
Top Bottom