**New Build Guide**

one thing, isnt xeon for servers?

I forgot the specifics, but I believe they're held to higher standards, and run generally at lower voltages and tolerate more heat, and therefore, are better overclockers. They run just like their desktop counterparts- the X3110 is essentially the E8400, except you're more likely to get a higher OC on it.

still, i thought that it had a specific purpose to servers that made it more reliable on a server pc than a normal dual core

Hey man, this thread is great, answered a lot of questions too! I'm halfway to getting enough to my first build and I will use this thread. Just wanted to know though, all of these are with vista right? oh and was also wondering if you could list the link for the OS somewhere, would be helpful.

i also wanted to ask if we can pick out just a few things from ur list, say if im upgrading, would it really matter as long as they are compatible?

i also wanted to ask if we can pick out just a few things from ur list, say if im upgrading, would it really matter as long as they are compatible?
Sure, just ask me if you want to know if the new parts are compatible with your current system.

i was thinking of buying the MSI R4850-T2D512 Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
Specs:
Windows Vista Home Premium
Chipset: Northbridge: Intel 945g, Southbridge Intel ICH7
Asus P5L - VM 1394 <GREEN>
Dual Core Intel Pentium D, 2800 MHz
3gb Mem (1 + 1 + 1)
Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Realtek ALC883 High-Definition audio CODECC, 6 channel audio port
Hard Drive - WDC WD2500JS-00MHB0 ATA Device (232 GB)
mios 500w power supply EN60950

any suggestions on whether i should go forward with it or not?

I'm thinking about doing something like the budget $500 computer but adding a blu-ray drive to it. I'm wondering what modification i need in order to have HDMI or DVI output plus 5.1 toslink fiber optic audio? Is there such a motherboard that has these two things or would I be looking at specific video/sound cards?

I'm thinking about doing something like the budget $500 computer but adding a blu-ray drive to it. I'm wondering what modification i need in order to have HDMI or DVI output plus 5.1 toslink fiber optic audio? Is there such a motherboard that has these two things or would I be looking at specific video/sound cards?
780G motherboards have HDMI and DVI out. All you would need to do is to add a blu-ray player to the first build.

Back
Top Bottom