Upgrading Graphics Drivers

ryanhoang@gmail.com

Solid State Member
Hello All,

I'm about to install Nvidia's 175.19 drivers for my 8600GT but I have a few questions on upgrading. I've been reading through various articles about how to do it. Some say you just have to install it with the d/l .exe but others say you have to use Driver Cleaner to get rid of the old drivers. Can anyone give me a definite answer as to the more effective method?

Thanks.

Just download the new driver and install. Its good to keep the old driver on there in case the new driver does not work right, you can just roll back to the old one.
No. You should always remove all traces of the previous driver. Leftover drivers can cause graphical glitches, freezing, crashes etc.

First of all, don't install the 175.19 drivers, here's why: http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=194&Itemid=72

Uninstall your old drivers through add/remove programs, it will be under "Nvidia drivers" -> reboot in safe mode and run Driver Sweeper to remove all traces of the old: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1655 -> reboot and install your new drivers.

i have an 8800GT, and i have 175.19, so should i do those steps and install 175.16 instead?
The eVGA site has the 175.16, should i install my manufacturers brand of drivers or should i go to the official nVidia site and dl that one instead?

ATI instructions,
If you go to your websites support and follow
the instructions,it should tell you the steps to take.
Did you go through the process of finding what the latest
drivers are for your card ? It should explain it better then i can.
Only someone with the same card can explain better.
Rename your post title with this info.
Example " Updateing ATI x1650 drivers.
I just got my latest and was not told to remove the current one.
I think this is automaticly updated with the download if it's newer.
Or it might report that you alread have the latest.

whoops... haha, didnt look who posted that.
what does enabling physics processing do exactly?

Edit - enabling physics is like having ageia Physx on, but instead of using the CPU, the physics is on the GPU right?

EDIT 2 - should i use the 177.39 drivers? or the 177.41?

EDIT 3 - what games does it apply to?

EDIT 4- how would i know i installed it right?

Back
Top Bottom