Distributed computer, CF teams.

yep, PPD is points per day.

The gpu client returns far better PPD for sure. I dropped one of the smp clients pictured above (I was running two instances on my quad) and I am producing ~12K ppd

:D

fahwj8.png

EDIT: Shader clock is the one to overclock to boost PPD with the GPU client btw.

Also afaik gpu client only works on G80 or better core

yep, PPD is points per day.

The gpu client returns far better PPD for sure. I dropped one of the smp clients pictured above (I was running two instances on my quad) and I am producing ~12K ppd

EDIT: Shader clock is the one to overclock to boost PPD with the GPU client btw.

Also afaik gpu client only works on G80 or better core

Sounds like I should try it out on my 8800 :D

Give it a run, I prefer it over the SMP client, units are smaller and take less time at around two minutes per step, I restarted folding on July 13 and I've done 63K since then.

I remember when it took three to four months to do 100K now it's going to be around ten days (if I leave the pc's on 24/7) probably more like three weeks in reality.

There is an ATi client too btw

Download page

Thanks for the link :) I am going to give it a try. The interface looks much more user friendly too :D

EDIT: F@H didn't work. It crashed in my system. I am wondering if it is because I am running 64-bit Vista as apposed to 32-bit. :(

Any suggestions?

Which one did you use?

The 5.91 beta6 is Vista capable.

EDIT:

Which video driver did you install, it has to 177.35 or better iirc, I'm using the 177.41 with no problems but I'm also on XP 32bit.

Which one did you use?

The 5.91 beta6 is Vista capable.

EDIT:

Which video driver did you install, it has to 177.35 or better iirc, I'm using the 177.41 with no problems but I'm also on XP 32bit.
Yea I saw that the beta version is vista capable, but I think only the 32-bit version :( I am not at my computer now so I will have to get back to you on what driver it is.

People on my other forum are using it under Vista 64 I believe, I'll ask them if there are any tricks to it if the driver update doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom