New Question about Vista..

ionscorp

Baseband Member
Alright so I just found out there are two versions of vista 0.o 32 bit and 64 bit.. Should I go for the 64 bit version or the 32 bit? Are there any issues with the 64 bit that I should be aware about?

Will the 64 bit work with 2gigs of ram?

My new computer that I am building =

Duo Core E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
2gigs ddr2 ram.
512M OC GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 (just going to use this one from my old comp)

Thanks for the help..

from what i heard, the 64-bit is the best one, it goes the fastest, and performs better, and it could run all the Vista supported 32 bit program.
i could be wrong, since this is what people told me on forums, and i didnt really research them
but only get it if your processor supports 64-bit

I am running Vista Home Premium 64bit right now...and so far no problems at all. It runs great, and yes it will use all your 2 gigs of ram...and the OS itself can support up to 16 gigs of ram, as mentioned on Microsofts website. (google the OS and you'll find tones of good info).

In your computer, you have several 'items' that, normally, you don't concern yourself about. One of those is the 'data buss'. It doesn't go across town or anything like that, but it does provide transportation. Basically, It connects memory to the rest of the system including the processor, which does all the thinking in your computer.

The 'data buss' is used to move the data around inside your computer. In a 32-bit computer, the width (or size) of the data buss is 32-bits wide. A 64-bit buss is twice as wide so the system can move twice as much data around. Being able to process more data means a faster system -- but only for specific things. Normal office productivity and web surfing will show no advantages at all, whereas graphics processing and scientific calculations will go much faster.

Back
Top Bottom