pm time limit

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
I really don't see why its there. We don't spam with it, and 46 seconds after letting neodude112320 know I get the link and he can edit a script top include more on the website for "The Project" I need to send a pm to hascet letting him know that the website is ready to be uploaded. Nope, gotta wait 254 seconds. I think that is crazy. I see no point to a 5 minute wait. I can post here every 30 seconds, but do you see me doing that? no. :confused:

Its also a pain when communicating with someone when trying to sell something.

I can see like a one minute wait, but anything beyond that is overkill IMO.

i can see the reasoning behind it but with the ammount of mods we have now i think maybe shortening this wait could be in order , i mean when was the last time anyone attempted to speam via PM anyway
i reckon 60 to 90 seconds would be much better

I really don't see why its there. We don't spam with it, and 46 seconds after letting neodude112320 know I get the link and he can edit a script top include more on the website for "The Project" I need to send a pm to hascet letting him know that the website is ready to be uploaded. Nope, gotta wait 254 seconds. I think that is crazy. I see no point to a 5 minute wait. I can post here every 30 seconds, but do you see me doing that? no. :confused:

Yep, very good point, I don't see the need to wait,

There were dinosaurs walking the Earth the first time somebody made this very same point... it's never been fixed in all the time I've been here, been banned and come back again. 5 minutes is excessive and sounds completely random, like it's the default or something and has never been changed.

Five minutes is far too long and totally unnecessary, it just pisses everybody off and if spammers want to spam then they can just spam in normal threads. I can't remember exactly what the normal post flood timer is here but it seems like a fair length, why can't the PM one be the same?

At least drop it down to a minute and give it a trial. If it gets spammed, what's it take 10 seconds to put it back to the way it was?

One more thing... back when I was a mod (dunno about now) there was no time limit on PMs for mods and David. All it did was allow Brookfield to fire off his asinine, IQ-eroding garbage faster.

It's not fair and completely pointless, do CF Privileged get a delay-decrease?

Back
Top Bottom