Is This Rig Good for GAMING?

oh, and can you please explain why core 2 quad isn't for gaming?

core 2 quad isn't gonna do you any good because games right now do not support more than 2 cores so having 4 cores will not help you any while gaming, thus, the core 2 duo will be the better choice.

If you spend a little more (around $20 before shipping) you can get an Antec 900 which is a very common case, yet good looking, great airflow from what I hear, and very trustworthy.

C2Qs aren't good for gaming yet. Because games can't fully utilize 4 cores, you'd be better off getting something with 2 cores at faster speeds. That's all there is to it. It would also be cheaper. If you have a C2D clocked at 2.4GHz and a C2Q clocked at 2.4GHz, you'd get the same performance while playing a game. Therefore go with the C2D which is cheaper. and use the money you saved in a better PSU or motherboard or any other part really.

ok first off the quad is for gaming its just not for extreme gaming.

lemme explain in the simplest way possible.

majority of games like 85 -95% of games are only able to use 1 or even 2 cores of a processor.

so having a C2D clocked @ 3Ghz is better than having a Core2Quad Clocked @ 2.4Ghz.

ok first off the quad is for gaming its just not for extreme gaming.

lemme explain in the simplest way possible.

majority of games like 85 -95% of games are only able to use 1 or even 2 cores of a processor.

so having a C2D clocked @ 3Ghz is better than having a Core2Quad Clocked @ 2.4Ghz.

Isn't that what I said?

it is lol.

lemme explain a little about my CF browsing.

i open cf.org i right click socail and click open in new tab, i single click hardware and software. i have 2 tabs open.

i then go to each thread id like to read and right click and open in new tab then i goto social and do the same i then have about 20 threads open, it just so happens i wrote my reply as 1 of the last 1's so i actually opened the page like 15 mins ago and theefore you hadnt replied lol.

my bad thats a downfall of my cf browsing

it is lol.

lemme explain a little about my CF browsing.

i open cf.org i right click socail and click open in new tab, i single click hardware and software. i have 2 tabs open.

i then go to each thread id like to read and right click and open in new tab then i goto social and do the same i then have about 20 threads open, it just so happens i wrote my reply as 1 of the last 1's so i actually opened the page like 15 mins ago and theefore you hadnt replied lol.

my bad thats a downfall of my cf browsing

Lol. No offense, that's a waste of RAM lol. Specially if you're using FF. I had 3 tabs opened the other day...270k...I was like WTF.

edit: Right now I have 3 tabs open but only 80k

Lol. No offense, that's a waste of RAM lol. Specially if you're using FF. I had 3 tabs opened the other day...270k...I was like WTF.

edit: Right now I have 3 tabs open but only 80k

not on FF on IE so its quiet good and ive 3Gb of it to go around and if you wonna talk wasting RAM ive had photoshop and dreamweaver open for the last 3 days doing nothing lol

1) Zotac GeForce GTX280 - Swap it for an HD4870 or heck, even 2 and Crossfire them. Or better yet, wait for the HD4870X2. If you must go with a nVidia card, get from EVGA and get the 9800X2, better bang for the buck.
2) Quad-cores aren't for gaming - Get an E3110 and OC that beast.
I agree with this. Going with the HD 4870 also means you won't need an Nvidia motherboard to do Crossfire, an X38 or a P45 is a far better chipset than the 680i.
As far as memory goes Corsair, OCZ, G.Skill are ll good brands. Somebody else can chim in with other trustworthy brands.
It's not so much brands, but what modules are used. @ OP, you can use this site to see what RAM uses what modules: http://ramlist.infinityx.nl/ddr2/
Powerchip as well as the Micron modules are very good.
Pay attention to the timings as well. Lower is better.

As for the HDD, the best balance of price, performance and capacity comes from the Samsung Spinpoint F1s, they are the fastest 7200RPM drives available and are considerably cheaper than the 10K Raptors.

Back
Top Bottom