An interesting idea that cuts back on delinquent members

Chris,

Are you implying that home internet users are unable to have static ip? Or is your statement directed solely at ssc456, because you know something about his internet service he doesn't? Home users can request static ip ... usually for a slight monthly fee increase ($5-$10). Granted if ssc456 is just "guessing" that he's static then you're probably correct that he's dynamic. I'm dynamic, yet I've had the same IP address for at least 5 months now.
Just seems kind of bold of you to state "you're not static ip" without knowing for sure if ssc456 hasn't arranged with his ISP to be assigned one.

Yous can also set up the forum to not allow a User's posts/threads to be seen immediately -- they'd need to be "approved" by a moderator before the general public can see them.

That would mean that our mods would have to stay on 24/7 to run the forum smoothly. That or we'd need a butt load of mods.

Offtopic: What's so good about static IPs?

Chris,

Are you implying that home internet users are unable to have static ip? Or is your statement directed solely at ssc456, because you know something about his internet service he doesn't? Home users can request static ip ... usually for a slight monthly fee increase ($5-$10). Granted if ssc456 is just "guessing" that he's static then you're probably correct that he's dynamic. I'm dynamic, yet I've had the same IP address for at least 5 months now.
Just seems kind of bold of you to state "you're not static ip" without knowing for sure if ssc456 hasn't arranged with his ISP to be assigned one.

it's because he is a moderator and he can see that ssc has posted using dozens and dozens of different IP addresses which certainly doesn't suggest a static IP.

Yous can also set up the forum to not allow a User's posts/threads to be seen immediately -- they'd need to be "approved" by a moderator before the general public can see them.

there are a hell of alot of posts made each day... would take us forever...

what about if you just have to "filter" posts made by users with less than 5 posts ???

i dont know if thats possible or if you filter posts from users less than 2 days old ??

im pretty sure that could be possible it would just mean when you register you get put into a group that each post has to go through a mod first, and then after 2 days you auto get moved into the normal group ??

on a side note i dont think we have that big of a problem with spam here and wen we do the mods are pretty quick to act

Woah, wait, i wasn't very clear: This tactic would be applied to newbies only. After it was determined that they weren't a bot/spammer their account would be given full privileges.

Woah, wait, i wasn't very clear: This tactic would be applied to newbies only. After it was determined that they weren't a bot/spammer their account would be given full privileges.

right, that is precisely what the forum i was talking about does

Back
Top Bottom