My Static IP

ssc456

Fully Optimized
yh unfortuantely or not mine is static which kinda gets me worried means im easily tracable but comes in handy for my web server

Your not on a static IP.

care to tell me how/why you think that ?

The long long list of IPs you have. Unless you post at a lot of friends houses I'd agree with Chris.

i have a static ip trust me i always post at my girlfriedns house who has dynamic ip and on my phone and at my sis house,

im not sure how far your records go back and i dont know if you can check far back posts but this has been my ip for the last 6 months 78.86.142.4

ok this is only a few months back but remember this thread. http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=68950&highlight=metric+time

well at that time i setup metrictime.co.nr and pointed it to my ip address and have never changed it and if u goto, www.metrictime.co.nr it goes to my new website so thats a few months worth of proof, but if you look back further then you will deff see concistent posts from 78.86.142.4 althoug like i said i do post from alot of other paces

Just because you keep an IP for a while doesn't mean you have a static IP, I'm dynamic and if my router / modem / phone line stay fine, I will keep the same IP for months two. Posting from hundreds of IP's imply that it's dynamic, as well as the IP registration information and due to the fact you need to setup special options in the router for static IP addressing.

Static IP addressing is a pain, your ISP would have to tell you manually what IP to enter before getting access, and inform you on any DNS changes they do as well.

check your website, its not working, at least for me. Might have changed ip's?

how about first post must either be in an introduction forum, or the general computer hardware and computer forum?

ok my first post was a long itma ago ive switched providers since then,

the site wasnt workin last night i swicthed my comp off as the site is now moved to a hosting company, but it works when im on,

The only possible way to get a static IP is that you call your ISP, and there's a fee for that. One problem: If a hacker gets into you, you can be stuck with him for ever...until you request an IP change.

Chris,

Are you implying that home internet users are unable to have static ip? Or is your statement directed solely at ssc456, because you know something about his internet service he doesn't? Home users can request static ip ... usually for a slight monthly fee increase ($5-$10). Granted if ssc456 is just "guessing" that he's static then you're probably correct that he's dynamic. I'm dynamic, yet I've had the same IP address for at least 5 months now.
Just seems kind of bold of you to state "you're not static ip" without knowing for sure if ssc456 hasn't arranged with his ISP to be assigned one.

ok id like to get this off my chest.

its been bugging me all along especially when i get posts like the ones in bold.

ok lets address this.

@ first quote in bold, i dont liek the fact you just come out and asicly call me a liar, you dont know for sure that i am not on a static ip, its fair enough to say. i dont think you are because its complex to setup just dont come out and say. your NOT.

@ second quote in bold. lhuser that is not the only way to get a static ip address, trust me check out my evidence. https://www.bethere.co.uk/homebroadband.do; check under features. 1 free static ip address which means if i apply for that broadband online "which i did" they preconfigure a router with my ip address dns server etc and send it out to me.

@ 3rd quote duxtape ...... what a knob why did i get owned

i just needed to get this off my chest as its fine people saying i dont think you have, but when people tell me i clearly DONT and then people tell me i have to phone to get a static IP when i know for a fact that i didnt phone and i do have a static ip address it kinda annoys me.

now thats all settled does anyone have any questions ?

LMFAO , Have you hear them all, static IP, cause you can be on one, its server use right? a static up is mostly used for servers right?

lol I love this thread, the comments they gave you are so low that they all look like their bullying you.

ignore em.

DUXTAPE,whats with owned? is it hell you individual

i do use my comp as a web server yes which is exactly why i chose be broadband. free static ip and usually a 900Kb upload rate.

i am being bullied lmao

Here lets see who was right. Go and turn off your modem for on minute. Make sure it's unplugged too. After the minute plug it back in and turn it on and post in here. If your on Static IP when I check your new post, the IP will match if they don't match then your on dynamic.

ok ill do that @ about 6 ish ive got a gd download going @ mo lol

ill get me video camera n all so you can see lol

ok ive just finished for roughly 3 and a half mins as i got bored after that, and ive still got the same ip address.

but none the less ill stand by my owm, pics/vid or it didnt happen,

might take a while the disc i used had like an hour of family video on it so converting to avi might take a while lol.

Back
Top Bottom