no anti virus?

lol, i dont even use an antivirus until i see symptoms of one...

its been found that defragmenting, no matter what program used, does not boost speed any noticeable amount.

the only thing i can think of that defragmenting WOULD help is defragmenting boot files, which most defragmenters ignore.
I completely disagree. Defragmentation of your hardrive can make a huge difference in performance if your hardrive is heavily fragmented. The difference in programs is usually a difference in speed and ease of use. I have worked with congested systems for years and defragmenting them (when needed) has made a difference in numerous cases.

why run 2 anti virus programs surely 1 is enough?
i wouldnt run avg and comodo anti virus together cos they will get in eachothers way
Actually, running more than one anti-virus at once can harm your computer. They may conflict with eachother and bog down the system or make it unstable. I had to reload a friend of my mom's machine because she installed more than one anti-virus on her computer and it crashed windows and became unusable.

Actually, running more than one anti-virus at once can harm your computer. They may conflict with eachother and bog down the system or make it unstable. I had to reload a friend of my mom's machine because she installed more than one anti-virus on her computer and it crashed windows and became unusable.

It CAN, does necessarily harm it. Mine runs just fine.

I completely disagree. Defragmentation of your hardrive can make a huge difference in performance if your hardrive is heavily fragmented. The difference in programs is usually a difference in speed and ease of use. I have worked with congested systems for years and defragmenting them (when needed) has made a difference in numerous cases.

u sure its not the placebo effect?

Hi
I've seen advice lately on some gaming forums not to use anti virus that it slows computers down too much....

One IT site said vista Owners don't need anti virus at all....too good of built in security..I have WinXP....I don't get it..i thought as long as I surf and get a lot of forwarded emails that anti virus was a must....

Right now i'm trying Nod32 out....I bought bit defender 2008 a couple of months ago but it seemed to cause problems with internet explorer.and with my system in general..

anyway i'm rambling...I still think anti virusi s a must..Am i right...also what about Bit defender 2008 vs. nod32....thank you

ok theres 2 problems with tha if your comp is sooo awful it cant run anti virus without being slowed down it probably shouldnt be used for gaming lol.
and the second is that after a while the shit u will get infected with will slow down you comp more than anti virus would anyway.

and nod32 is the best home anti virus out there business i reccomend symantec anti virus.

Important symantec is in NO way at all like norton its 100 million times better

Placebo effect to which part of my response? :p
I will second that. Symantec Corporate Edition is completely different code and scanning engine than Norton products.

like are you sure that you arent just lying to yourself about the computer being faster after defragmentation?

ah. No there is a large enough difference to tell that I am not just seeing things. in addition to that, there have been tests that a friend of mine and I have done on clients machines, and the times improve after a defragmentation of a heavily bogged machine. It all depends on how much use you put on the system and how you use it. If you are changing files a lot and installing or uninstalling programs frequently, then your hardrive will get fragmented much faster.

Back
Top Bottom