Newb needs help!

adam4lsu

Beta member
I recently got the funds to do what i've been waiting to do for over a year now, and thats build my own custom PC.
I want to be able to edit video without any drawbacks, play any game I want without any trouble, and also plan on installing a TV tuner. That in mind, what motherboard/cpu combo should I use and which graphics card and TV tuner should I use as well?

I'm open to all suggestions, I'm trying to draw in as much feedback as possible before I go out and purchase.

totally posted without reading the very top thread..lol my bad
Feel free to post still though! ;)

ok id go for,

intel Q6600 with an asus P5k range motherboard.

and a ATI 4850 graphics card with some tv tuner lol im not in the no with tv tuners.

is that the right mobo to go with? I read most of the reviews on it..not so good from what I've read

well there are several motherboards in the P5k series and most of them if not all are capable of taking a Core2Quad it depends on your budget i mean the P5K does use the older P35 chipset where as the new P5Q uses the P45 chipset but they tend to be a bit more expensive.

so if you want a cheapish board that will take the quad then go with P5K series but if you want more future upgradability then def the P5Q series

just looking at 1 of the new P5Q boards gets me going lol.

upto16Gb or DDR1200Mhz RAM
1600Mhz FSB processors supported.

I could probably afford to spend at the most about 250-275 on a mobo. So whatever would be the best deal that supports quads would be what I want.

Back
Top Bottom