Should I go for it?

Impruv

In Runtime
Canadacomputers selling a E8500 for $209?
I was originally planning to go for an E8400 at 189.99 , is the extra $20 worth it?

No rebates or anything, instant savings!

sure for $20 bulks why not.
I have the E8400...i didn't want to spend the extra cash for the .16 speed, when you can just overclock this thing anyhow...but if its on sale...then go for it man!

The E8500 has a higher multiplier, which means less of a chance running into a FSB wall on the motherboard's part.

so E8500 it is!

All the parts of my soon to be computer is coming closer.

Purchased: HD4850, 4gb 6400 ram, 600w PSU, drives

Soon to be: E8500(prolly tmr or weekend) , seagate 500gb hdd

great choice on the ram! did you by anychance get OCZ ram?
and if you're running Vista...and if the funds are available to you...i would squeeze in another 4 gigs of ram :p, i plan on doing so very shortly :)

and if you're running Vista...and if the funds are available to you...i would squeeze in another 4 gigs of ram :p, i plan on doing so very shortly :)
to have a total of 8GB? I assume you are running 64-bit Vista, because the 32-bit version cannot support more than 3GB. :)

Good lad, well chosen.

Let us know the VID and Batch number please

Haha, thanks. What exactly is the VID and Batch number?

haha, i think i'm fine with 4gb for now haha. And yes, its OCZ Vista performance platinum ram.

to have a total of 8GB? I assume you are running 64-bit Vista, because the 32-bit version cannot support more than 3GB. :)

Wait what :confused: Vista 32bit doesn't support 4gb ram? Does that mean I wasted money?

Back
Top Bottom