Help!!

mike1111

Beta member
Hey, i'm new here and I need major help with my computer. I got high speed cable internet a few months ago and I had Norton antivirus which I hated. The subscription expired so I went without any virus/spy software for a while. It got so bad that I had to buy one so now I have a year subscription to cyberdefender.

My Internet still sucks, the computer is good, but the internet sucks. I deleted some programs I didn't need but accidentally deleted windows 'explorer' from the programs list, not the 'internet explorer'. Maybe that's why it sucks? I can't go on google or yahoo, I can only use Alta Vista with any success, I can't log into my e-mail either (the computer has trouble when I type in names/zip codes/etc to log into certain areas). I have to use a friend's to do that. Spyware comes up every time I turn it on and I have to keep deleting it! Please Help!!!!

I need to get this straight. So you are having spyware problems? If so, download Spybot - Search and Destroy and CCleaner.

I should have written before, I have a dell dimension 8400 2GB with pentium 4, XP, extra hard drive, cable internet and modem/router, I don't know what else to put hope this helps, thanks.

I need to get this straight. So you are having spyware problems? If so, download Spybot - Search and Destroy and CCleaner.

Yes, spyware problems. But also, whenever I try to log into my e-mail or onto a site like this, my internet won't except the log-in. It's like its blocking it, dunno how though.

Ok. First do what I said. Download them, upload them. Then with CCleaner get rid of bad registries and stuff. Then run spybot. Then try internet and e-mail. If it's still doesn't work we can try working around it. If you're using outlook and IE and you don't mind changing, go to Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox. If they don't work then it might be something deeper.

Ok. First do what I said. Download them, upload them. Then with CCleaner get rid of bad registries and stuff. Then run spybot. Then try internet and e-mail. If it's still doesn't work we can try working around it. If you're using outlook and IE and you don't mind changing, go to Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox. If they don't work then it might be something deeper.

Ok thanks, I'll let you know if it works.

I probably won't be here. I have to leave for soccer practice in 15min and chances are that it will take you longer than that. For best results, run them in safe mode. Somebody else should be able to pick up where I left off. Peace.

I would recommend reinstalling Windows, I fail to see how it is even loading if you have deleted Explorer.

That's what I wanted to do, but I don't have the disk for the reinstall. I have one that says modem software, but dont have the other. Should I just wipe it and buy a new windows os?

:) :) Wow, internet works fine after downloading all those programs. I can check my e-mail and log onto any site. Thanks a ton! A+

Back
Top Bottom