How I got my E8400 machine from my grandfather...

lhuser

Golden Master
First off, I wasn't looking forward to that at all. In fact, it really suprised me. I am waiting for the 6400+ to arrive and I still need to finish shipping. I hope by tonight, all will be done.

Anyways, let's get on.

First, I was told by bullzi a trade for an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+, for my AMD system. I was glad to have that CPU for the trade of these items. Now, later that night, I have my mother pulling in the driveway. She has my grandpa's PC, and my Dell Keyboard.
I asked her what was wrong with it. She told me it's now mine. First I was wondering...did he lose his vision? (He has eye problems) Nope. One of his daughter apparently bought a new PC for him, using HIS credit card.

Well, I asked what was the problem and the tech apparantly told her that it was "losing it's memory". I then knew it was bad RAM. Swap it with another kit and done. It's working.

Now, today, I've went and saw his PC. For 514.96, she got him a CompaQ, a wireless mouse, 2yrs warranty. I told him to return that bag of crap (You got to see specs...they're pretty bad compared to what I had built him. (See below)) and he didn't want to. Of course, it's near impossible to return that PC anyways, since the box is not there anymore.

So, in theory, she had it planned out. I didn't test the RAM, and with the problems he's been experiencing, I knew it was bad RAM...but never had a time to look into it, due to that damn school (Yes, it's enraging for what she wanted to do).

What she had planned out is that since the machine didn't work well, she'll take it to the shop (which is Staples BTW), then, whether good or not, she bought a new PC, fooling my grandfather saying that the other one is bad. So, that worked well, but when she was going to leave, my grandfather told her that the PC goes to me, not her. There's when the plan took a dump.

So now, I have a completely working PC, and the 6400+ is coming. My plan, for now, is to use the 6400+ machine, and set aside the E8400...maybe upgrade my mother's PC.

So that's all. The specs? Here:

This PC
C2D E8400
2GB RAM Kingston DDRII-800
250GB HDD
ASUS P5E-VM DO Intel Q35
DVD Burner w/Lightscribe
Antec Minuet case
300W PSU
Vista Home Premium

The CompaQ
Pentium Dual Core E2180
2GB RAM DDRII-800
250GB HDD
DVD Burner w/Lightscribe
Some board with a G31 chipset
CompaQ Stock case
Stock PSU
Vista Home Premium

300W psu??

Sure that isn't the problem??

Good score anyway, you'll have to overclock it to see if you can hit 4.0GHz, what is the cpu VID?

true but then why would an oldish person want that much power

Yeah well, it is still an unexpected arrival.
300W psu??

Sure that isn't the problem??

Good score anyway, you'll have to overclock it to see if you can hit 4.0GHz, what is the cpu VID?
Sure because I was wrong. It's a 420W. It ran well on 400W, with an 8500GT.
Can't OC to 3.3GHz. RAM is a real piece of garbage. I need some nice OCZ 4GB kit.
The VID is at 1.16 if I remember well.
true but then why would an oldish person want that much power
He wanted something that he won't have outdated in years. I gave him that.

excellent VID if it is indeed 1.16, should overclock well.

True that Kingston ram isn't the best overclocker but you can leave the memory unlinked and just oc the cpu.

Have you got a batch number for the cpu?

hahahahahahah she got screwed over i bet she was PISSED when he was like o your not getting my old one rofl lmao i love when this stuff happens to people, they try to screw other people over and get screwed over in the process, and yeah... his new computer blow's

Back
Top Bottom