Which Graphics Card?

the 4850, they are close, but the 4850 is better overall, and its has DX10.1.
might be an minor improvement, but in the future, it will have better performance.
and i think right now, the 4850 is not as good till they get the tweak.
4850 is the better way.
i wish i saw the price of the 4850 before i bought my 8800GT, i only had it for 2 days. When i bought the 8800, i thought it was like $30 more.

the 4850, they are close, but the 4850 is better overall, and its has DX10.1.
might be an minor improvement, but in the future, it will have better performance.
and i think right now, the 4850 is not as good till they get the tweak.
4850 is the better way.
i wish i saw the price of the 4850 before i bought my 8800GT, i only had it for 2 days. When i bought the 8800, i thought it was like $30 more.

dude, how are you enjoying the 8800...? seriously, you chose a great card, don't dwell on the whole buyer's remorse thing, enjoy what you did get, the 4850 isn't "that" much better and you'd probably never even know the difference, we're talking around 5 fps on average IIRC...

you got this one right...?

eVGA 8800GT

I'm thinking about picking one up, maybe tomorrow or this weekend if the Zotac 8800GTS doesn't drop back down to $125 shipped soon, it should though, the $40 rebate is only good thru the end of July (yikes)...

im enjoying it, i get like 2x-3x the fps more than my old one, i even went out to buy a 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for my pc so i can use my 360 controller to play games.
i play all my games on max so far, and some on DX10 if its compatible.
im just kind of getting used to using a nVidia card, like for the AA, theres something like C16QX or something similar, which i dont get what it is since my ATI cards never got them.
the only complaint i got for the 8800GT is that its always above 50c, and i always have to adjust the fan speed before i play a game, or it goes as high at over 80c. i need to find a way to adjust the autospeed thing on rivatuner, serched for guides, and it was either not working for me, or theres not that option for me.
im happy with the 8800, but theres a little something in me that wished i gone with the 4850, but as for the 4850, i wouldve probably waited for a Dual slot edition.... who knew how long that will take.
I would recommend people getting the 8800 if they cant afford the 4850.

Yeah Don't get buyers remorse because video cards have a great resell value. Everytime I upgrade I sell my old card on ebay for $20 less than current retail(I still take close to $100 loss from brand new) Then use that money to buy a new card and throw in the difference.

Yeah Don't get buyers remorse because video cards have a great resell value. Everytime I upgrade I sell my old card on ebay for $20 less than current retail(I still take close to $100 loss from brand new) Then use that money to buy a new card and throw in the difference.
i sold my old X1950 for $50, and i bought it for $120 back in Jan. So the 8800GT only cost me $100.

im enjoying it, i get like 2x-3x the fps more than my old one, i even went out to buy a 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for my pc so i can use my 360 controller to play games.
i play all my games on max so far, and some on DX10 if its compatible.
im just kind of getting used to using a nVidia card, like for the AA, theres something like C16QX or something similar, which i dont get what it is since my ATI cards never got them.
the only complaint i got for the 8800GT is that its always above 50c, and i always have to adjust the fan speed before i play a game, or it goes as high at over 80c. i need to find a way to adjust the autospeed thing on rivatuner, serched for guides, and it was either not working for me, or theres not that option for me.
im happy with the 8800, but theres a little something in me that wished i gone with the 4850, but as for the 4850, i wouldve probably waited for a Dual slot edition.... who knew how long that will take.
I would recommend people getting the 8800 if they cant afford the 4850.

actually, 80° isn't "that" hot for a video card, they're built to run hotter than cpus, I believe a lot of the 4850s are running about 80° (before the fixes are applied)...

but when my card runs to 80c, i could smell something burning.
is that the smell of overheating? or the smell of it being broken in? (as in the thermal paste getting adjusted, the chips getting warmed up to work like its suppose to...)

EDIT - you guys know how to adjust the autofanspeed on Rivatuner? i set the value to 3 on the Rivatuner/Fan/AutoFanspeedcontrol (i think its called), and they still wont let met change it on the low profile auto settings. Unless i click on something to change the speed after setting it to 3.
i want to change the fan speed when it goes to certain temp so i can avoid going close to 80c

but when my card runs to 80c, i could smell something burning.
is that the smell of overheating? or the smell of it being broken in? (as in the thermal paste getting adjusted, the chips getting warmed up to work like its suppose to...)

let's hope it's just getting broken in...

;)

HD 4850 all the way. I wouldn't even say the 4850 and the 8800GT are competing with each other.
You need to read the first post carefully. He's asking about a HD 4850 and the BFG 8800GT OCX. The 8800GT OCX is an overclocked version of the 8800GT and in the tests, comes out ahead in quite a few. The are very closely matched.

You need to read the first post carefully. He's asking about a HD 4850 and the BFG 8800GT OCX. The 8800GT OCX is an overclocked version of the 8800GT and in the tests, comes out ahead in quite a few. The are very closely matched.

I read it well enough. When the difference is $15, why buy a card that's already overclocked and won't have as much headroom? And BFG didn't replace the Qimonda memory, so there won't be much of a gain in OC'ing potential over the stock GT. The 4850 on the other hand is running at stock speeds with a fair bit of headroom, especially on the core clock, which is what seperates it most from the 4870 (bandwidth doesn't seem to be a big bottleneck, check Brollok's 4850/4870 comparison at OCF).
I hope you can see where I'm coming from. :)

Back
Top Bottom