RivaTuner Duty Cycle Help

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I have searched google, and other forums, and i cannot find out how to adjust the auto fan speed duty cycle on the low profile. I went to the power user thing, and changed the "AutoFanSpeedControl" (i think its called (Under RivaTuner\Fan)) to 3, and I still couldnt get it to change, then i found this tutorial that tells me to save some fan speed and stuff, then go to hardware monitoring, then right click on Core Temperature (after doing all the previous things the tutorial said) and click on the Green Plus thing to add the fans to tell what speed it should be when its below 50c, above 50c, between 70-80c above 80c, but i dont have the green plus thing on the bottom, so i got lost there.
is there somebody here that can either clear things up for me or give me steps on how to change the autofan speed so i dont have to change it manually when i want to play games?
thanks in advance.

ah, now i got it, i have to restart Rivatuner, and click on the box on the Auto.
last time i didnt restart and i had the fixed box clicked.
i saw the first one last night, and didnt understand it. but the second one helped a lot.
Thanks.

EDIT - i need some help on theses things
* Duty cycle min: minimum speed for the fan (if i want the fan to be the lowest at 50% i set it to 50 right?
* Duty cycle max: maximum speed for the fan (i think this stays at 100 which should be 100%)
* T min: the temperature at which the fan turns on (i dont know what this means)
* T range: the fan duty cycle vs. temperature slope (dont know what this means)
* T operating: (dynamic Tmin control) (dont know what this means)
* T low limit: (dynamic Tmin control) temperature that fan will run at min (if i say 50, does that mean that the fan will run at 50% if its at 50c?
* T high limit: (dynamic Tmin control) temperature that fan will run at max (if i said 70, does that mean that if i goes to 70c, the fan will go to 100%?)

EDIT Ver. 2 - im getting confused, can someone help me decide what numbers i put?
the min speed fan i want is 50%
max speed fan is 100%
Min temperature is 50c
max temperature is 70c

thanks

Duty cycle min - Correct. It's the lowest speed you want the fan to run

Duty cycle max - Yup, leave it at 100 (full speed)

T min - Sets the lowest temp at which the fan starts.

T range - The operating temperature range of the fan speed. Value is determined by using the formula shown in the tutorial

T operating, T low limit, T high limit are all set as explained:
you will want to disable the dynamic Tmin control and to do this just put in temperatures that your card will never reach for the T operating and the T high limit and put in 0 for the T low limit
Just enter 110 for the T operating and T high limit, and 0 for the T low limit as he did.

The setting that needs the most attention is the T range setting. Do as he explained to find the correct values for your card, you can use the spread sheet from the link to help you.

this is my default
Duty cycle min: 29
Duty cycle max: 100
T min: 62
T range: 32
T operating: 78
T low limit: 65
T high limit: 85

this is what i set
Duty cycle min: 50
Duty cycle max: 100
T min: 40
T range: 26
T operating: 110
T low limit: 0
T high limit: 110

I got the T range by TR=2/3*(70-50)/(1-.5)
formula - TR=2/3*(Tmax-Tmin)/(Dmax-Dmin)
and i got 26.6
does this mean that it will run 50% when its at 50c and 100% at 70c?

EDIT - Right now, its at 52c, and its at 60% fan speed

i changed the tmin to 45, and the fan speed is 50%.
im going to run a DMC4 benchmark and see how it turns out.

After the test on max settings without AA, it was 62c, at fan speed 70%. The test was like 5 min.
With AA, 65c at 78%

Back
Top Bottom