Graphics Card Not At Full Capacity!

what is yoru CPU? going back to atomic's original point the CPU could be all the difference. If your processor is bottle necking and can't send/recieve data fast enough your graphics performance will suffer.

Both Windows XP SP2, Drivers 175.19 and I found out mine wasnt overclocked during the test...so both cards were technically exactly the same.......also a little off topic but when I play Company Of Heroes it supposedly should be at about 35FPS at 1280x1024 Maximum quality and mine runs about 10-20 slower :confused:

CoH is quite cpu dependent, which cpu do you have? (as celegorm has stated it could be bottlenecking your gpu) how much memory also? I've had it using 1.6GHz of memory under Vista (haven't checked under XP lately)

Lets get real here, the 8600 range is a budget card that is known to have hardware faults, there were reports that all the 84xx to 86xx cards had faulty cores, maybe yours is one of them.

All I can suggest is to try a beta driver to see if it helps.

EDIT: Which m/board also and are all the m/board drivers up to date?

check the first post for my specs my sutff is on the left side of the slash......but if you want ill tell you again I have a Pentium 4 516 2.93 Ghz OC'ed to 3.4 Ghz

when I play Company Of Heroes it supposedly should be at about 35FPS at 1280x1024 Maximum quality
Where did you get that info from? Remember most times you can only use reviews as guidelines since their test beds are commonly much different to what you may be running.

If your machine has the very same exact specs of the one used to get 35fps @ 1280x1024, then you may have a problem.

I have a XFX 8600 GTS XXX which is the oc'ed version and I wanted to compare my peformance to other cards with 3DMark 06 and I compared my tests and for some reason I have around the same score as a slightly underclocked 8600gt......my drivers are up to date......WHATS GOING ON!!:mad:

My GPU / Regular XFX 8600 GTS XXX

Overall Score: 4617 / 6309 (irrelevant because of CPU differance)
SM3.0/HDR: 2083 / 2241
SM2.0: 2214 / 2507

check the first post for my specs my sutff is on the left side of the slash......but if you want ill tell you again I have a Pentium 4 516 2.93 Ghz OC'ed to 3.4 Ghz
mmmmmmmm, I still don't see the cpu spec in the op, but yes, I would say some of your problem is the cpu bottlenecking the gpu

The guy I was comparing my computer had a quad core extreme....I didnt know COH was that CPU intense to make that much of a difference because of a CPU

Ohh Sorry Im Getting 2 Forums Mixed Up I Didnt Post My Specs Did I......you Guys Must Be Confused Lmao

Yikes!

There's no way you could compare the performance of a new quad core based system to yours. That's like comparing a '69 SS Camaro to the new 2009 Corvette ZR1. The Camaro is still fast and all, but the ZR1 will run circles around it.

lmao.......I hope I can play fallout 3 or far cry 2 on medium on my computer.....so is that why my computers scores are lower than average....because the shader model 2.0 is gpu based and its still drastically changed

Back
Top Bottom