Which Graphics Card?

alrite; I guess I'll go with the 4850.
Also, a side question... I've been hearing the OCZ ram has problems with ASUS mobo's, is this true? If that's the case, what mobo can I replace Asus P5Q Socket 775 Intel Intel P45 with?

Those two cards are closely matched, but the HD 4850 is better overall. It can even be overclocked past what it did in the tests against the 8800GT OCX.

I'm sure some may have had problems using OCZ, but it's listed in the qualified vendors list for the various Asus P5Q models.

so I should be fine getting the one mentioned? Just the normal p5q and not deluxe or E version?

edit: Under OCZ mobo qualifications, the asus p5q is not mentioned.

thx rooster; i checked and under the p5q; the OCZ Platinum ram is supported, so I guess I'll get that for $7 more just to be on the safe side if anything happens, I blame them! I was gonna get the OCZ vista gold, but platinum should be better anyways =)

thanks everyone.

I'm an Nvidia fan(no, not a fanboy) myself, but it seems as though the 4850 is you best choice. Definitely worth the $15 extra.

Also an Nvidia fan...so i would tell you the 8800, but from what i've read about the 4850, that card will perform a lot better.

HD 4850 all the way. I wouldn't even say the 4850 and the 8800GT are competing with each other.

Back
Top Bottom