is it worth it?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
since i got my new graphics card, i was thinking of switching to Vista, and i was thinking of getting another 2gb so i can run 4gb dual channel. I got a few questions
1. but the question is, is it worth it?
2. i ran a benchmark on DX9 (XP) and DX10 (Vista) of DMC4, and the DX10 got about 5-10 less frames than the DX9, and i was wondering if i get another 2gb, will i be able to get that 5-10 framerates back?
3. if i ran vista and played DX9 games, will the graphics be better? and have better rendering?
for example, the Flight Simulator X from this post.
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/pcs/directx-9-vs-directx-10-worth-upgrading-to-vista-for-243099.php
will Vista actually do that to the DX9 games?
thanks in advance.
BTW, sorry for like creating a lot of posts lately, i just have a lot of questions for now.

1. Visually, yes, it's worth it. Your DX10 compatible games will look much better while running in DX10.

2. You may get the frames back, but not necessarily. Games and apps will load smoother and faster with the added overhead of the extra memory.

3. Running DX9 games under DX10 will have no added benefit visually. Flight Simulator X was designed to use DX10 so it will look much better running under DX10 than DX9.

Back
Top Bottom