AMD or Intel

Has anyone looked up the info on the RV770 core?
I posted up a thread saying that the 4850s are out and there preatty dam good, but only worship responded to it. It can beat out the 9800GTX, but now Nvidia is going to release the 9800GTX+ which is the 55nm revision of the G92 core. Its speed is around a 736 core and a bit faster memory. Price is supposed to be $230. But so far, the 4850 is doing great, and is only $200.

Nvidia has got to be starting to worry about the release of the 4870. Its got a difference of 150Mhz on the core(750Mhz), and the GDDR5 memory is near a whooping 4Ghz!

And for those who don't like ATI, look at this and laugh like hell:
Four 4850's in crossfire don't beat 2
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1475/four_radeon_hd_4850s_in_crossfirex/index.html

Here's some reviews of the card itself:
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1471/1/page_1_introduction/index.html

This should help fund the war of CPU's against Intel hopefully.

Has anyone looked up the info on the RV770 core?
I posted up a thread saying that the 4850s are out and there preatty dam good, but only worship responded to it. It can beat out the 9800GTX, but now Nvidia is going to release the 9800GTX+ which is the 55nm revision of the G92 core. Its speed is around a 736 core and a bit faster memory. Price is supposed to be $230. But so far, the 4850 is doing great, and is only $200.

Nvidia has got to be starting to worry about the release of the 4570. Its got a difference of 150Mhz on the core(750Mhz), and the GDDR5 memory is near a whooping 4Ghz!

And for those who don't like ATI, look at this and laugh like hell:
Four 4850's in crossfire don't beat 2
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1475/four_radeon_hd_4850s_in_crossfirex/index.html

Here's some reviews of the card itself:
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1471/1/page_1_introduction/index.html

This should help fund the war of CPU's against Intel hopefully.

WOW, I didn't expect that four would do SO MUCH WORSE than two....very interesting.

Drivers are very premature, the next Catalyst release will fix this, but it probably won't do anything for the Nvidia branded Crysis.

HD 4870 in two days...

The good thing about Intel being favored at the moment is that AMD/ATI product values are excellent. The Phenom X4 9600 Black Edition is 20% cheaper than the Q6600 and offers very similar performance.

The HD4850 is the same price as the 9800GTX and can be up to 15% faster than its NVIDIA counterpart (as proven by many benchmarks). If the current trend follows, the 9800GTX+ will probably still be triumphed by the HD4870, in performance and value.

Yes, Intel offers the greatest performance in the CPU world, but in terms of value, with some of their products, they're definitely pushing it (thats not to say the Q6600 isn't a good value, because it very much is - considering how futureproof it is), but the Phenom 9600 Black Edition is certainly something to look into.

Word of advice to CF newcomers: don't ignore ATi and AMD products just because (most) everyone here has Intel and NVIDIA products. And for you newcomer gamers, I highly recommend looking into ATi's new HD4___ series - the 4850 has been proven a much stronger value than the 9800GTX, and the 4870 probably will do the same against the 9800GTX+.

And the new NVIDIA cards which they advertise so fancily, the GTX280/260 really have not advanced as much from the 9800GTX and 9800GX2 as they try to make you believe, and their price/perf value really is not very good. Certain benchmarks reveal that two HD4850's in Crossfire beat the GTX280, for a substantially lower price.

i go with what's best performance/price wise at the time. this new rig is getting an E8400 3.0Ghz. but its 45nm so you can guess im gonna oc it to at least 4Ghz.

I'm not biased, I acknowledge that Intel is superior especially for gaming, but I prefer AMD, no real reason, just a preference. This is only my opinion though, AMD is better in some minds, but not in all.

Back
Top Bottom