RAID Setup

I dont have a floppy disk drive. Is that the only way to do it? and it doesnt even give me a drive to install to.

You can use a USB drive as well as long as you have a copy of the RAID driver. Although I find the floppy disk way easier.

To install an OS on to a RAID array you need to install the RAID driver for the new OS to recognise the RAID array you want to install on.

This is how it goes.

Pop the floppy in. Install OS as you normally would. Some way through the install it will prompt you to select Intel ICH9R from the floppy. Then you select the array you want to install to. You then have your OS on RAID 0.

ok so like a flash drive would be ok??

thanks for all your help. Unfortunately i have to go to work. Ill see if i can do it tonight at 10.

Flash is cool. But before you remove the OS remember to make the Intel RAID disk on the flash drive.

I'll be around tomorrow if you need help.

:)

Sorry dude. Reformatted my hard drive due to a bug, I think.

Any ways now that you have the Disk with the driver on it pop in the Vista CD and do an install. It will ask you where to install the OS. When it does select Intel Raid to continue. It will load the RAID software of the CD and continue with the install.

ok i uninstalled vista and then installed it again. I made the disk. I went to the Intel matrix manager and created a raid 0 for my two 160gb and a raid1 for my 500gb. It accepted everything ok. Reboot everything installed vista in RAID 0. Everything load fine, the only problem is that when i go to my computer only the Drive from RAID 0 Show up and not my other ones????HELP...THANKS

Back
Top Bottom