my harddrives are failing like mad!!

WD drives are known for their poor quality (especially when it comes to their 2.5"). Their 3.5" is a bit better, but I would still avoid them as a whole (there's a reason they're so cheap).

And it wasn't important data, just music and video. I had only had the thing for, like, 8 months. I don't expect an external harddrive to head crash after only 8 months, do you?

Western Digital drives are amazing quality, have many many in computers.

Why your drives are failing is due to old age, they don't last forever. Don't keep a hard drive for over 5 years. Most of those drives have likely reached their mean time between failure.

yea probably. the wd was bought in 2004 and the segate came with my computer in the sig that got from my dads friend. and the maxtor i got from my friend from and old hp they said didnt work and i got working in 10 minutes.

so yes they are probably all over 4 years. the gateway is a 2003 model so that is 5 years. and i dont no about the hp. is was a custom ordered desktop.

but still they all failed in my rig. and 2(maybe)at the same time.

i have plenty of cables so ill do some trail and air. i still dont have the jumper setting for the seagate. i have the rubber cover from a drive just like it but i dont no if the jumper setting are the same for both.

i think the wd is gone for. it was just making the puter beep on boot up. and none of the harddrives click. they all spin.

WD FTW!

yeah, it seems you probably have old ass hard drives or some faulty hdd controller as Celegorm already said.

it was the cable. but now i got problems again. the same. but the screen dont even show.

Tip: Don't buy Western Digital.

I lost a ton (30GB) of files, thanks to my WD drive head crashing. Sounds like you might be experiencing the same thing. Do the drives make any weird noises when booted? The drives themselves, I mean.

WD drives are known for their poor quality (especially when it comes to their 2.5"). Their 3.5" is a bit better, but I would still avoid them as a whole (there's a reason they're so cheap).

are you kidding me, WD are 1 of the most respected brands of hardrives on the market.

as posted above i know many people who will solely buy WD drives and personally i am 1 of them, i have still got 3 40Gb WD drives that i pulled about 7 years ago.

WD FTW

it was the cable. but now i got problems again. the same. but the screen dont even show.
It passes POST?

You maybe have bumped something whilst changing out the cable, reseat your video card and memory then try again.

reseat, to remove and reinsert the cards in their slots

pull the card out, don't touch the gold contacts, reseat it in the slot.

Back
Top Bottom