svchost errors

kingtomato117

Beta member
Hey, I was having svchost.exe errors, and I downloaded a fix for it last night thinking it would help. Well it kinda did and it kinds didn't. Usually before the fix it would give me the error, change my taskbar from blue to gray and then back to blue again. All while silently disconnected me form the internet but the time still running. I would then have to restart the computer to get my USB modem to work.
Well this morning I got up and the error was up, it said I was disconnected form the internet, my taskbar went from blue to gray and stayed gray. I didnt have to restart to connct to the internet. I dont know whats going on. I read last night that it could be a virus but AVG IS 8.0 doesnt fidn it.
I'm at nerves end trying to figure this out. It never really until I installed AVG IS. Then whether or not I allowed of Blocked Generic Win32 Host Processes it would still happen. I think the two have soemthing to do with each other, but I dont know
Please help my job requires me to take calls and write notes on my computer through an agent control panel and I'm unableto do that if this keeps happening. Thank
- Seth

Also I'm on Windows XP SP2

svchost is a process that windows needs and should just be left alone... if you shut down the process it will cause your computer to start acting funny and you will not only lose your internet connection but evenually your computer will freeze up.

i have been through the same thing your dealing with, so i will say leave it alone and let it do its thing. svchost is a critical part of windows process.

ok well i recently fixed a problem that was giving "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem..." on boot and when i checked the event viewer it had svchost.exe and the name of the faulting module which was a dll file related to windows update , however in your case it will probably be something dofferent

could you check the event viewer by going to the control pannel and then going to administrative tools and clicking event viewer and listing any errors you find in there

also please can you runn hijack this and post the log it creates here
and then we can furthur assist you with the problem

Back
Top Bottom