did i make the right decision?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so seeing some posts on here about the 4850, i regret that i didnt go with the 4850 since it was only $15 for than the 8800GT.
the 4850 gives about 5-15 more framerates from the benches i saw, and it seems worth it if its only going to be $15, and my mobo supports crossfire, so i couldve bought another 4850 if the price has gone down....
The 8800GT should be arriving today, so then i could start gaming on my pc again.
Kinda wished i waited a little and got the 4850.
but at least theres a bright side for me, no matter what card i got, it was a big improvement from my X1950 thats for sure, and i finally get to play games with DX10.
so not all is bad.
Do anybody think that the graphics card go too fast?
my friend didnt even have the 3850 that long, and its already a series old.
The 3850 is a pretty good card, not as good as the cards now.
But you could still get some decent gaming with that card.

The 8800GT is still a very nice fast card, and beats the hell out of my 8800GTS 640 (older GTS model), and yet, I can play new games comfortably at high resolutions, and can even play Crysis rather comfortably at high settings.

So yeah, you'll get new cards coming out that'll beat the one you have, but as long as you can play the games you want to play, there is no problem at all :)

the 8800GT is still an EXCELLENT card with EXCELLENT price/perf ratio, at this point, the HD4850's price/perf isn't THAT much better, so don't worry man. Plus its an 8800GT, i bet it could even handle games that aren't out till winter, and early-mid next year very nicely (fallout 3, gta IV PC, sims 3, call of duty 5, etc)

Ah, I need a new card. Maybe a 4850. I've only been playing at medium settings with the resolution at 1440x900 in Mass Effect, and the system hangs every once in a while. It's definitely my old X1800XT not being able to keep up, the display goes but the rest of the system is still functioning. Then the GPU fan spins up really loud and it like reboots itself, and the game resumes.

The 8800GT is still a very nice fast card, and beats the hell out of my 8800GTS 640 (older GTS model), and yet, I can play new games comfortably at high resolutions, and can even play Crysis rather comfortably at high settings.

So yeah, you'll get new cards coming out that'll beat the one you have, but as long as you can play the games you want to play, there is no problem at all :)

very well put ;)

my new card is rubbish compared to those but it plays the games i want nicely and thats all im worried about the 8800gt is a good card .

YAY! i got my 8800GT!
havent ran any games yet, about to run Devil May Cry 4
How hot should the 8800GT run at idle?
at stock fan speed, it was 69 degress Celsius, but then i used riva to make it down to 58 degrees Celsius

Mine's running at 50°C idle. But then I have an MSI NX8800GT 512M OC with the nice heat pipe cooler.

Your temps are about right. Good deal using RivaTuner.

whats the max temp the 8800GT can go?
i had it at 50%, and then i ran a performance test on DMC4 on max settings, then i smelled something burning, checked everest, and it was at 80 degrees celsius
and would having it at 100% all the time collect more dust than when its 50%?

That's a bit hot, but not unheard of.

Having it at 100% won't collect any more dust, just make it noisier. Shoot for 70% or so and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom