getting ready to fit it

christian93

Solid State Member
hi everyone

i just got a new graphics card its a xfx geforce 7300gs its not the best card in the world but loads better than what i got and it will play quite a few games that mine cant mainly battlefield 2 :D

anyway im just gonna fit it im new to this stuff and i have'nt done it before i watched a video bout fitting it and they sed dont use a green screwdriver i think its to do with it being magnetic ive got some other screw drivers that are yellow and blue but there still magnetic does it really matter ???? sorry if its a stupid question but the last thing i want is to damage my computer cheers

to tell if its magnetic find a screw touch it to the screw if you can pick it up its magnetic if you can't not.

yeah i have'nt opened it up yet ive just uninstalled the drivers

i just put it up against a fridge magnet and it stuck so i thought i aint gonna use that but i just saw on wikpedia that the ones that have a really weird head shape are used for computing so im just gonna go ahead wid it if i have to do it .

thanks for the help

It's no problem to use a magnetic one. It'll actually help when putting in the fiddly screw, to attach it to the bracket.

i just installed the card its working fine now its gave me a tad more ram and its even pushed my comps rating up as well for £15 im quite pleased wid that =) thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom