Problem converting wordperfect docs to MS word docs

cloksin

Baseband Member
I have one user in my company that is still using wordperfect v8(left on his box for backward compatibility), everyone else has been switched to MS word. We have told him to create new docs in word but he just won't listen to us. Well this is creating a problem, every month he creates a report that he sends to his boss's secretary to be published and submitted to the EPA. Problem is he saves the doc as .doc and then attaches it to an email, when this is opened on anyone else's box (no one else has wordperfect installed) all open quotes turn into an "A" and all closing quotes turn into an "@". They are listed as WP typographicsymbols font, although he creates the doc in times new roman. This occurs regardless of which version of word is used to open it, 02, 03, or 07. The MS converter packs are installed but it doesn't correct this issue.
What can be done to fix this so the secretary doesn't have to manually go through the report and manually change all the symbols into quotes. I know having him create the doc in word will fix the problem, but that's not going to happen. I was thinking a macro would work, but I don't know how to create macros.

Back
Top Bottom