Great deal, no time

Well...I'm going to wait to talk to my dad. I gave the guy a number to call back. We'll see what happens. Hopefully it's in good condition and it hasn't been sold because it's a nice deal.

More records doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. The best way to tell is to pay for the carfax thing and check it. That's what I did with the car I just bought. My car has 10 records and is an '03 1 owner. Just about all of them are from the basic maintenance being done on it at a dealership. At the same time, little records can be bad as well as good... I looked up a car that had under 10 records and it had been in a front end accident and needed to be towed out of there. That's why it's best to spend the ~$30 to get the carfax thing to make sure. You never know what the records say.

Craigslist will help out a lot. Economical cars will be harder to find for a cheaper price nowadays due to the price of gas, but I'm sure you'll find something good enough to get you from point A to point B comfortably for a good price.

i drive a 1990 jeep cherokee that i got for $900. it has 185k miles and absolutely no problems at all. only thing ive done is put new brake pads on it. and i myself have put new carpet, seats and stereo in just because. i'd highly recommend getting a later model jeep cherokee xj. they are freakin awesome trucks and last for a very long time. for $6k you can find a very nice 2000 jeep cherokee around here...

did i mention you can go just about anywhere with a jeep?? :D

More records doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. The best way to tell is to pay for the carfax thing and check it. That's what I did with the car I just bought. My car has 10 records and is an '03 1 owner. Just about all of them are from the basic maintenance being done on it at a dealership. At the same time, little records can be bad as well as good... I looked up a car that had under 10 records and it had been in a front end accident and needed to be towed out of there. That's why it's best to spend the ~$30 to get the carfax thing to make sure. You never know what the records say.

thanks for the info. i had no clue what the records include

I knew about that, I asked a friend. Well, I told the guy to call me and he hasn't yet. I'm still looking around. This friend of mine is also keeping an eye out, he got an awesome deal on a Mitsubishi Lancer, then he modded it. Grand total was like 7k. And about that car from my mom's friend, she's going to sell for 4-5k lol. Even better.

Hahah...how does it do on gas mileage?

it isnt horrible, mine gets right around 15, but a newer one would probably get 16-17. its just an inline 6, but it'll get up and go if you need it to. main thing is to go to a car lot and look at some different cars in person. get in, see how you like the fit make sure everything is where you want it. looking online doesnt offer you being able to physically sit in the car and see if you really like it. that'll give you some ideas of whether or not you want an suv or car.

Well yeah I know what you mean. I'm not just going to buy a car online before even sitting on it. But then again I can't just sit on a car that I don't have the money to buy.

Back
Top Bottom