can u believe this

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
k what the hell. so i guess my 5600+ has been replaced with a newer 65nm(instead of 90) and now at 2.9(instead of 2.8)GHz. Would i notice a difference in performance if i bought this? all the more higher end AMD dual cores are still 90nm

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103234

is this correct?

capturepc4.jpg

I really doubt you would notice anything. This kind of thing would show up in benchmarks though.

im kinda thinkin about savin up for it. or maybe they'll have more higher end 65nm processors out soon?

I haven't been up to date on AMD stuff, but I don't think it would be worth it. It wouldn't surprise me if more 65nm stuff came out from AMD later though.

that would be the most pointless upgrade id ever witnessed lol

save extra and get a phoenom.

The Phenoms are still backward compatible with the AM2 slot so you could still upgrade with out using the full extent of your HT'ing speed.

Also, look carefully. Your current CPU has 2MB's of L2 Cashe while the new Brisebane has 1MB.

Also, I would recommend Overclocking that. I have the exact CPU you have and I OC'ed it to 3Mhz without a voltage change. Idle temps are around 45-49 and load temps are around 50-57. I have rarely seen it hit the 60C mark.

You show in your sig that you ran this CPU at 3.122Ghz. Why don't you set it at 3Ghz instead and make it stable?

if you wanna OC go intel man... save up and sell your current amd stuff. the mobo and cpu im getting are higher end stuff but you dont HAVE to have an x38 chipset that costs $209 bucks, im sure you could settle for something less and i should've to be honest.

anyway, the E8400 stock is 3Ghz and 45nm, so it runs super cool and only uses 65w. Now, you can OC the E8400 to 3.8Ghz on STOCK air and with an aftermarket cooler people are easily hitting 4.33Ghz 100% stable. Personally, im just going to get it up to 4.00Ghz and keep it there.

right now quad core isnt worth it. it wont be for another couple years that games fully support it. however if you dont play too many games, get a quad. my E8400 oc'ed will surpass a Q6600 stock in gaming simply because games dont use 4 cores yet... keep that in mind. and if you go quad, go intel. phenoms are a space heater.

Back
Top Bottom