Dedicate XP to Gaming?

So,Im Making a stripped down version of XP (Installing it,Tinkering with it,and then make an image of it for personal use).So this is what i have in mind:

-Turn all GUI features off (Theme on basic,all fancy stuff off)
-Turn all non-needed services off
-No antivirus (It's not even going to be connected to the internet)
-Stop Explorer.exe from starting up,and replace it with a lighter explorer (Suggestions?,or should i program my own?)
-Only have hardware i need enabled,the rest either not installed or disabled.

Im going to be dual booting with this,so it's going to be 100% Dedicated to gaming,Any suggestions?

you can't do anything about explorer, you can configure some stuff though using msconfig and typing in "services.msc" in Run. it'll show you what goes on inside.

you can't do anything about explorer, you can configure some stuff though using msconfig and typing in "services.msc" in Run. it'll show you what goes on inside.

eh nothing forces you to use explorer, I used to shut it off always before gaming, and just launch my games using command prompt.

Well,Im Programming a menu like game starter to replace explorer,if i need explorer.exe i can get it too start it up.

So far,I have my version of XP Using less than 100mb RAM Usage!!!

Well,When i was configuring it under Virtual Box,It was using less than 100mb,Now that i have installed it,i have 11 Processes running but the TOTAL Memory and the AVAILIBLE Are 200mb apart?

But i must say,It's Performance is SO Much better standard chunky XP!
P.s Im Still in the stages of programming a basic GUI for it .

Back
Top Bottom