HELP! Real Trouble

NO NAME1

Beta member
I have created a big problem for myself and I thought I would see if anyone on this forum might have answers, suggestions or know where I can go for help.

Like a Dumb SHI* I am I started working for a government agency and against policy I went out to various web sites. I need to erase any evidence of going to those sites.

I am on the leading edge of low technology. Some of my thoughts are below.

The agency has an intranet. If possible, I suspect the hard drive will have to have these specific URLs remove without corrupting the hard drive. Then I understand that ghosts remain on the monitor's screen. If that is correct, I will need to find a monitor that is not being used and swap them.

I will need to take any technical questions you have to someone who can provide the answers.

Thanks.

Just wipe the HDD

What does HDD stand for? I assume it is hard drive ????

My PC is on a sophisticated intranet system and that is a real concern.

Anything I do with the hard drive will have to be done by a computer tech and I will have to remove it without anyone's knowledge. But first I will need to figure out how to remove the hard drive.

My concern is that in the process a tech would cause problems with the hard drive, which would undue what I am trying to avoid.

dude, they are gonna catch you... its the government... they know all....

just fess up, they will not kill you as painfully.

I have created a big problem for myself and I thought I would see if anyone on this forum might have answers, suggestions or know where I can go for help.

Like a Dumb SHI* I am I started working for a government agency and against policy I went out to various web sites. I need to erase any evidence of going to those sites.
basically you're screwed, you can remove the inet history but you'll never be able to find the registry entries because (at a guess) your pc will be locked down (permission wise) as to what the user can access and because

I am on the leading edge of low technology.
you haven't really got a hope in hell of understanding let alone removing the incriminating entries because if you believe
Then I understand that ghosts remain on the monitor's screen. If that is correct, I will need to find a monitor that is not being used and swap them.
you have no idea of what is involved.

My advice, contact your superior/IT dept, fess up, be prepared to get a bollocking and/or lose your computer priviliges/job.

Companies have pc usage policy for a reason, ignore the policy and reap the results.

The only other option is to say nothing and hope your surfing isn't discovered.

Just wipe the HDD
Mate, you do not have a clue, it is obvious you have never been in a corporate situation.

He is in a corporate situation, I doubt his user logon would have sufficient permissions to install software, hell, he'd be lucky if he has permission to change his desktop wallpaper.

Unless you have a close friend in their support staff you're SOL. Anything you do can/will be tracked and in some cases remotely logged.

go to the local home depot, buy a 20 pound sledge hammer, START BASHING EVERYTHING THAT YOU SEE, wait that might get you in even more trouble.... nvm then hahaha but for reals, act suspisius and you'll be cought, act like you dont know anything that happened.... hope you dont get caught, if you do, just fess up! nothin really you can do

Back
Top Bottom