Two Nvidia partners defect (EVGA and XFX)

like i said a small setback this will be trouble for the time bieng, but theres only two options here, they fail or they fix it. then about 10 companies go with them because of lack fo sales. let me verify this really quick:
An 40% drop in share price is a small setback? Nobody has faith in Nvidia anymore. Nvidia's marketing is based on having the performance crown, they don't have that crown anymore, and TBH, they don't have much else. But what makes things worse is that Larrabee is around the corner, They are putting a lot in the GPGPU/CUDA, but Larrabee is based on multiple x86 cores, Nvidia will be out of that market too. Not only that, but they won't be making chipsets for Nehalem, only supplying a bridge chip. Apart from their GPUs, Nvidia has nothing else to fall back on...

Like mentioned earlier I hope EVGA stays. Although I don't care for nVidia cards with the HD4xxx it still gives competition and drops prices. With EGVA around, a good brand name, we get that competition. So I really hope that's not the case.

Back
Top Bottom