Two Nvidia partners defect (EVGA and XFX)

worshipme

Golden Master
Says the Inquirer:

With friends like these...

By Charlie Demerjian: Monday, 21 July 2008, 1:06 PM

Click here to find out more!

THE PAIN JUST KEEPS coming for Nvidia, this time in the partner space. Two of their key 'alpha' partners have just defected.

It is nearly impossible to make money selling Nvidia cards right now, NV squeezed partners margins too much, and when the going got rough, prioritised its own margins over partner survival. This gave partners the choice of popping like a zit financially or moving to less green pastures.

Like Gainward before them, two of the largest ones, XFX and EVGA have defected. Want to bet Nvidia doesn't know yet? In any case, partners leaving a company like rats leaving a sinking ship is never a good sign, lets see what happens in the coming months when the pain really piles on at NV.

The really interesting part is who they defected to, and it isn't ATI. Paperwork has been signed though, and it is a done deal.

Like we said it is going to be an interesting summer. µ

Typical Inquirer sensationalistic reporting.

Got a link to the article or is the quote the entire thing?

Not really much substance to it but lets "assume" it is factual.

Who else apart from nvidia and ATi make mainstream graphics chipsets?

Who did they defect to?

Any guesses?

Typical Inquirer sensationalistic reporting.

Got a link to the article or is the quote the entire thing?

Not really much substance to it but lets "assume" it is factual.

Who else apart from nvidia and ATi make mainstream graphics chipsets?

Who did they defect to?

Any guesses?

Intel anyone?!?!

Larrabee won't be in production any time soon. Unless it is ATi (which is certainly possible considering the success of the HD 4800 series), I don't think it could be anyone else.

Palit have already jumped ship, and I'm sure EVGA and XFX would get a lot of sales if they decided to switch.

well either way i will not go to ATI cards, im nvidia all the way, the only defects and the mobile 8 series and all lower end chips below the 8600 gts. if you get one of there new cards no problems reported, nvidia won't fail they will out do ATI just like they have in the 8 series.

Back
Top Bottom