need help in finish my computer! suggestions needed. thanks

eriffic1

Solid State Member
hey fellas, so im building my new comp and so far i have:

nvidia 8800gt graphics card
seagate barracuda 250gb hard drive
antec 900 case
intel q6600 quad core

all im missing are the power supply, ram, plus mobo. any suggestions on those?
dont really wanna spend too much on the rest of the parts. (max $300)

let me know which do you suggest with the links. thanks in advance!

-eric:cool:

so you got the quad at your house. i would like to know why you need it. other wise it was a waste. and now you need a board the supports a quad.

and a antec 900. it is so common. i know 2 people personally that had that case.

i got a sunbeam transformer. pretty nice case. and looks sweet. it is a full too. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811166004

ok, not asking for your opinion on what i got lmao. i just need suggestions.

Looks like someone is jealous.

jealous of what? not having a antec 900. no im fine. just trying to make him stand out of the crowd. it is a great cheap case and thats why it is so common. i usally like CM. but i wanted something with more bling.

so you got the quad at your house. i would like to know why you need it. other wise it was a waste. and now you need a board the supports a quad.

and a antec 900. it is so common. i know 2 people personally that had that case.

i got a sunbeam transformer. pretty nice case. and looks sweet. it is a full too. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811166004

what more of a reason do you need besides this?
quadcorelogo.jpg

if you want to see a waste of a processor
then look at this thing
crazy.jpg

who would get that?
and why
no one would ever use it to its limits

PSU - something around the 600W mark, Antec, Thermaltake etc, thing to look for is amps on the 12v rail(s)

Board - Asus P5E (X38 chipset) or similar

Memory - depends if you're overclocking or not, kingston HyperX is good solid memory if you're not looking to overclock the snot out of it and can usually run at tighter timings/lower VDIMM than spec

OCZ if you're looking to oc

No links as you don't state which country you're in, you'll have to source pricing yourself.

Back
Top Bottom