Mass Effect - PC Review

Mass Effect FTW. Bioware FTMFL. I will never buy another Bioware (or EA) game again. It's too bad, I'm gonna have to pirate Spore.

Mass Effect FTW. Bioware FTMFL. I will never buy another Bioware (or EA) game again. It's too bad, I'm gonna have to pirate Spore.

Blame EA.

Bioware used to be brilliant, damn you EA!!

I agree. Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire were absolutely brilliant RPGs. Mass Effect was also a great game.

I just hate the fact that EA had to buy them out.

Bioware still did an excellent job with ME, even though they were under the influence of EA. I just hope they're not under pressure from EA over ME2, I hope they keep the same team and don't try to rush it. I am really looking forward to ME2 and I am willing it to be a fantastic sequel.

EDIT: I LOL'ed at this video: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=04nbvLXLWHA

Noo, EA only affected the PC version of Mass Effect. Bioware was still on their own when making the Xbox 360 version. I really can't wait for Mass Effect 2 though.

Heh, I just got around to beating Mass Effect...about time. Been too distracted by all the side quests.

I never even played the side quests. I tried to, but I was too wound up in the main quest.

Oh, searching all the systems and planets gets somewhat addicting after a while. :p

Really? I found exploring repetetive and far from the most interesting part of the game. But that could just be because I HATE the Mako with a passion.

Lol, the Mako controls funny. Actually, almost all the controls in Mass Effect are a bit weird. I have 3-4 hours of gameplay so far and I'm still getting used to them.

It took me a while to get used to the third person shooting, but I've got the hang of it now. And actually, I don't think it's the mako that is weird, but the terrain. Why does every planet have so many hills?

And I thought the controls were fine. Especially the HUD interface where you can issue commands to your squad and use special abilities, that part was very well done.

Back
Top Bottom