Rebuilding/upgrading ancient computers?

Siriann

Baseband Member
Today a friend gave me a CompuAdd 325TX. It's ancient -- the copyright for the BIOS covers 1988-1992.

It's got a few things wrong with it, so I was wondering: Does anyone have any experience in this field or, at least, some links to articles on the subject? I've searched Google but to no avail.

Or should I trash the components and build one, from scratch, using the case?

Anciant computers, in my opinion, arn't meant to be upgraded to awesome ones... The motherboard will only allow so much. So much memory, CPU.. ect.

Anciant computers, in my opinion, arn't meant to be upgraded to awesome ones... The motherboard will only allow so much. So much memory, CPU.. ect.
Normally I'd agree with you, but this one's got a case that just begs to be used. I mean, it's got a little ball mouse up in the corner.

Who could resist? :3

lol...i have a similar thing

friend is giving me this old...OLD hp.

i dident see the CPU, but its got only 64mb of ram, and it has MS ME!!!!

meh, i was gona use it to play around with linux ne way

Well, you can rebuild it if you like.. or yes, you could just run linux :D What are the specs? The mobo...

Well, you can rebuild it if you like.. or yes, you could just run linux :D What are the specs? The mobo...
I'm not sure about the motherboard, as I can't really examined it, yet. It's got, like, 3000KB of RAM and (just guessing, here) about 80MB of HD space. Haha, I took the HD out to look at it. The thing looks like a 3.5. XD

A friend of mine gave me an oldie as well. Its an IBM. Has about 64mb of ram, 8gb hdd. not sure about the cpu though.

I think the answer to your question is:

Tell us what the "few problems" are. You can use it if you expect to run... something like linux. You can rebuild it if you want an awesome computer with an awesome old case... the equivalent of putting a new engine and tires on an old awesome looking car... (but that's not my thing :D )

ha im really good a ancient pcs when i first started out thats all i had, what do you need to know? whats wrongs with it? and if anything oc its to death, use the case and maybe psu and trash the rest does it have ram like this:
7xuj3ad.jpg
?

Back
Top Bottom