Is it possible to make your "audio in" into a second "audio out"

mrkiki911

Baseband Member
I want 2 channels coming out of my laptop (mixer purposes) and Instead of buying a 5.1 channel usb connector, is it possible to trick the computer into making your "audio in" a second "audio out"

any kind of program/drivers out there?

THanks

Re: Is it possible to make your "audio in" into a second "audio out"

Realtek drivers usually come with a whole settings manager accessible through your control panel, which you can switch your "MIC" and "Line in" into Rear Left/Right or Center/Sub out

alright, i will grab realtek and try that out.

Thanks

i highly doubt this but its worth a try man

i'm afraid it'd only work if your motherboard has real tek audio, what kind of audio does the P5B use? if its not realtek audio, you cant do it. i'm sorry

No, this is how I do it via my mixer:

Let me gusse, you don't have dj software?

You need to get a Dj software, (virtual dj) and click in their, click Config, then click and choose what your using as your setup, like this:

1zphelv.jpg

Now, all you really could use is another sound card , more of a top end one, such as the Creative XSound blaster ones, these are about 50pound and I use to have one and their really good, unless you want pro go for Asio

O btw you do know that you need a double ended jack and mono leads, put the double ended jack in your pc and then mono into the jack and the mono leads into the mixer.

You need to get a Dj software

He doesn't need DJ software. The sound drivers in most Intel Brand Motherboards have the capability of doing what he wants using only the driver software.

yes but he said he is using a mixer, well, if you want to dj on your pc out to your mixer then your gonner have to set it up right.

From what it sounds it sounds as if he is going to press PLAY on a song and then mix it on channel 1 on a mixer and then open another music file and play it on the channel 2 mixer, im showing him how its done.

And how can them intel drivers do that?

^^ he never said exactly what he is doing, he asked if you could make it so both would be an audio out. It's fairly likely that you can do that with the drivers that are installed on the computer, I know realtek does it and I'm sure Intel has the same thing since thats how the 5.1 pc speaker systems work. You are making pretty strong assumptions about what he's doing, maybe you should find out first before you get him to install something he doesn't need.
Your recommendation of a high end sound card is pretty mute given that he has a laptop as well.

omg, the whole point is because he said mixer.

A: you don't use cheap crap ingrated sound for mixing (dj)
B: you need a mono cable and a double ended jack to get two sound outputs too the mixer channel inputs, probs is more ways but this is common with a mixer
C: I've just set all this up myself via online help on many forums.

The soon I heard mixer I thought well, he needs top info and top help.

You just don't use ingrated sound for dj mixing.

Back
Top Bottom