Play PC signal through my TV? Help!

h3avyf1r3

Solid State Member
I am trying to get my computer to play its signal through my television. To do this I have tried used my S-Video output on my PC to plug into my scart inout on my TV. Here is a link to a cable I have used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300240645537&Category=15067

Are there certain settings that I need to change in order for it to play through my TV. Or are there there any other adaptors needed. By the way my television is a CRT.

Thanks for helping

what kind of TV have a got?? if u have a LCD/HD then i would go with an HDMI cable, if its an old style TV then yh go with that cable, but the picture will not be very good, it will be ok watching videos, and viewing some pictures, but the desktop wont look that good

and you get the software that you need with the drivers for your graphics card that will enable you to change from the monitor to your tv

You need to set your video card settings for dual monitors, either clone the desktop or extend it. When I had it setup on mine, I had it set to clone the desktop with full screen video on the second monitor (my tv) and I was using s-video. Of course I have a crt so you really couldn't use the desktop on the tv, I just used it for watching movies and tv shows.

Ok I've tried making my TV a clone. But the software won't recognise the S-Video cable thats plugged into it. I have an ATI graphics card but not totally sure which one. If anyone can use remote assistance to fix the problem I would be very very grateful.

My msn address is h3avyf1r3@hotmail.com

Thanks

just right click your screen and it should enable it.

if your screen blinks (refreshes the resolution) then it should be enabled.

Back
Top Bottom