Dell Dimension 8300

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I built a PC a while ago, the case is nice but it is VERY noisy. However, I have this spare Dell 8300 which is completely silent when turned on. So I was wondering whether that case would cool my PC well enough to take over the job as my case. It has one fan on the back and thats it. Only problem is that the power switch is a stupid shape (mobo connector) as seems to be the case with dell stuff. My PC spec is in my sig, thanks.

By the way, here is the case, it is ATX just like my motherboard.
Dimension-8300.jpg

The Dell case might be able to cool your components. To be on the safe side I would add an extra fan or replace the old one.

Try it out and run a temp. reading program to see how hot it gets.

Dell specifically designed that case to work with the components that were included with your purchase. Keep that in mind. Just because one case may work with a set of parts, doesn't mean it'll work with another.

The Dell case might be able to cool your components. To be on the safe side I would add an extra fan or replace the old one.

I doubt they'll be room for another fan.

iv got the dell 8300 and that fan at the back is the CPU fan, thats really the only fan in the pc other then that PSU fan, there is no room to put another fan anywhere in the case...

old thread digging ????

however in light of the topic them cases have a cpu fan at the back with a plastic vent to the metal finned HS on top of the CPU and so i doubt it would be advisable to change the components as it could cause cooling issues

nvm i was confused thought it said june 18th not july 18th my mistake

I doubt that case will fit that mobo you want to use.
dell uses a specific form factor that is proprietary to its cases

Back
Top Bottom