What are your religious views?

So you have an easier time believeing that there was a big bang "and all this shit appeared out of nowhere". Isn't that almost the same thing?

There aren't even comparable. One is a perfectly natural explanation, with a body of evidence behind it, the other is a supernatural "explanation" with no evidence behind it.

I'm with you. God created the heavens and the earth, and everyone in it in 7 days not millions of years. I believe evolution is a lying fantasy to draw others away from God. There is still no proof that evolution is true. But there is evidence that the bible is true. Go to www.thewayofthemaster.com and you'll see what I mean. There is only one way to heaven and that is Jesus Christ. He died for your sins on the cross and payed for the penalty of death by the blood he shed. He wants to come into your life and live in you. Please, ask for forgiveness, and accept Jesus Christ as your savior. If you have any questions, ask your local pastor or read the bible, or whatever suits you best. If you are offended by my beliefs, I'm sorry. It's my faith and I am sticking to it. :D

1. There is a stupid amount of evidence for evolution

2. There is no evidence the Bible is true

3. Way Of The Master is laughed at by anyone with a brain

And finally:

Image036-1.jpg

look. god's words don't exist. only a human pope does. the bible is just a book written by humans. there is no supernatural behind it.

Nope, quite different really. I find it easier to believe that the earth and all it's life was formed over billions of years, not all at once like the bible would have you believe.

Actually, Biblically no where does it say that the earth and everything in it was formed over 7 "Days" as we know them. In the first verse of the Bible it says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.", with the period where it is it could mean it was 10 minutes or 10 billion years to when the next verse takes place. Also in the next verse most texts read as "And the Earth was void and without form" but in the original Hebrew text it reads as "And the Earth became void" and in various other parts of the bible it refers to creations before Adam and Eve which is when the bible refers to dinosaurs, giants and people roaming the land but God "shook" the earth, but thats another post.

Also if you read the bible much you may recall how it says how a day with the Lord is like a thousand years, which. I don't know if it's a literal thousand years or just a figurative number to show how God doesn't need a sense of time but also in Genesis when Adam and Eve (who Biblically are NOT the first people) fell from grace by committing the first sin (which, again to contrary belief was NOT because Eve ate an apple or any kind of fruit, thats retarded. It's symbolic for something else...which, will be another post.) after they sinned it says the Lord told Adam that "Surely you will die this day", he lived to be 930 years old and then died, fell just a little short of a day.

Again, this all things I'm recalling from memory so I wish I could put the supporting verses in but I'm not a scholar by trade, I'm just a simple farmer:p but my dad knows alot about the bible and studies the actual greek and hebrew texts so this is all things he has shown me from Scripture.

wow this thread is turning to crap.

everyone knows that evolution exists. maybe only on the micro level though, not necessarily the macro level.

so if some people can really say that they KNOW that we were monkeys, please give me all the proof from accredited sources.

second, many people should probably consult history first, and look up facts about jesus' life and his miracles and teachings and so forth. you can't draw up conclusions on god/jesus, when you are just making up who you want him to be.

so whoever made the point earlier that said "the bible has no evidence." please don't sound uneducated, and please prove to me that there is no evidence based on scientific study and gatherings. then when that conclusion is drawn i would love to see it, but like i said, consult history first, and then make your decision.

and evidence for microevolution is obviously there, but there are still many problems with the transitional fossils of the fossil records. so don't resort to that. YOU (as a personal human being, the very person you are) have no more proof to evolution than the bible. your version can only hold as much water as mine.

that's pretty easily agreeable.

but its easy to say that not believing in god is as much faith as believing in a god. i really encourage everyone to watch this :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxup3OS5ZhQ

i picked up the book a few weeks ago, and its good so far, but i havent finished it yet. but really enjoyed the video.

and i enjoyed some videos someone posted earlier, that video of dr bart ehrman was very good, he was a bit arrogant, but had some good points.

so i really look forward to getting some insight into some of his arguments.

and whoever posted that stupid picture, do you not understand that it works the other way around the exact same way?

i mean we are all pretty lost, but i just think that there has to be something more, and to me the fact of jesus being a person has a leg up on other things.

maybe i don't know the truth, but i believe in what i have with the bible.

wow this thread is turning to crap.

everyone knows that evolution exists. maybe only on the micro level though, not necessarily the macro level.

so if some people can really say that they KNOW that we were monkeys, please give me all the proof from accredited sources.

second, many people should probably consult history first, and look up facts about jesus' life and his miracles and teachings and so forth. you can't draw up conclusions on god/jesus, when you are just making up who you want him to be.

so whoever made the point earlier that said "the bible has no evidence." please don't sound uneducated, and please prove to me that there is no evidence based on scientific study and gatherings. then when that conclusion is drawn i would love to see it, but like i said, consult history first, and then make your decision.

and evidence for microevolution is obviously there, but there are still many problems with the transitional fossils of the fossil records. so don't resort to that. YOU (as a personal human being, the very person you are) have no more proof to evolution than the bible. your version can only hold as much water as mine.

that's pretty easily agreeable.

but its easy to say that not believing in god is as much faith as believing in a god. i really encourage everyone to watch this :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxup3OS5ZhQ

i picked up the book a few weeks ago, and its good so far, but i havent finished it yet. but really enjoyed the video.

and i enjoyed some videos someone posted earlier, that video of dr bart ehrman was very good, he was a bit arrogant, but had some good points.

so i really look forward to getting some insight into some of his arguments.

and whoever posted that stupid picture, do you not understand that it works the other way around the exact same way?

i mean we are all pretty lost, but i just think that there has to be something more, and to me the fact of jesus being a person has a leg up on other things.

maybe i don't know the truth, but i believe in what i have with the bible.

Where to begin...

Firstly, get that creationist propaganda crap out of this thread. There is no difference between micro and macro evolution. It is the same process. Macro evolution is just lots and lots of micro evolution. Apply simple logic here. You admit micro evolution occurs, so it logically follows that given enough time and enough micro evolution, macro evolution will occur (speciation). It's simply saying 1+1+1+1+1+1+1 = 7

Speciation has been observed:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-speciation.html

Evidence for common descent:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

Please give me any scientific evidence that Jesus performed miracles (burden of proof is on you, not me). You won't find any because:

a) Reliable historical evidence that he did equals zero

b) Miracles by definition break scientific laws

Are you getting your arguments from the Creationist handbook 1882? The fossil record is one of the greatest pieces of evidence for evolution:

Hominid fossils:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/specimen.html

There are also innumerable transitional fossils for other animals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9a-lFn4hqY

For only point I was making with the picture is that Pascal's Wager fails on every single premise. The simplified Wager:

If I believe and I'm right I go to Heaven, if I'm wrong I'm dead and that's it. If an atheist is right he's dead and that's it, if he's wrong he goes to hell.

Believers have everything to gain, atheists have everything to lose.

Sounds reasonable, except it is stupid for the following reasons:

1. it assumes the God you worship exists
2. It assumes you worship him in the right way
3. It doesn't take into account the wasted life of a believer if they're wrong

Belief in one God statistically guarantees you have chosen the wrong god. Expect damnation simply as a matter of probability.

Also, we don't even need the fossil record to prove evolution, genetics is more than enough.

Jesus was a person? So was Muhammed, why aren't you a Muslim (in fact, evidence that Muhammed did exist is infinitely more solid than Jesus).

Actually, Biblically no where does it say that the earth and everything in it was formed over 7 "Days" as we know them. In the first verse of the Bible it says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.", with the period where it is it could mean it was 10 minutes or 10 billion years to when the next verse takes place. Also in the next verse most texts read as "And the Earth was void and without form" but in the original Hebrew text it reads as "And the Earth became void" and in various other parts of the bible it refers to creations before Adam and Eve which is when the bible refers to dinosaurs, giants and people roaming the land but God "shook" the earth, but thats another post.

Also if you read the bible much you may recall how it says how a day with the Lord is like a thousand years, which. I don't know if it's a literal thousand years or just a figurative number to show how God doesn't need a sense of time but also in Genesis when Adam and Eve (who Biblically are NOT the first people) fell from grace by committing the first sin (which, again to contrary belief was NOT because Eve ate an apple or any kind of fruit, thats retarded. It's symbolic for something else...which, will be another post.) after they sinned it says the Lord told Adam that "Surely you will die this day", he lived to be 930 years old and then died, fell just a little short of a day.

Again, this all things I'm recalling from memory so I wish I could put the supporting verses in but I'm not a scholar by trade, I'm just a simple farmer:p but my dad knows alot about the bible and studies the actual greek and hebrew texts so this is all things he has shown me from Scripture.

the bible is written by humans... why should i believe it?

Back
Top Bottom