Video Driver Problem (Vista)

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
Got bored and bought and installed Vista (Yes i know that's my problem, using Vista :p)

Was running Xp for the past few years and just bought and installed Vista Home Prenium (Upgrade) (32-bit).

I've been using my video card (Evga 7900gt) for over a year now no problems.

So this is a fresh clean install. Nothing else has been installed yet. Updating drivers. I get to video driver. Download the Vista 32-bit driver off the Nvidia site. Install it. Asks for the restart bla bla bla. As soon as windows loads the new driver i get this:

2-1.jpg

It also comes in blue and green :p

Windows is running in the background, but i can't see a thing. I never get to the configure stage of the install. To even get back to a screen i can see i need to boot up in safe mode and remove the driver.

Thinking it might be jacking up the screen res, or refresh rate but i can't get to any place to dub them down. Using a 21 inch WS monitor. While using XP i run 1680x1050 at 70 hertz.

Thoughts?

(Nice to see this site is still alive. Traded this addiction in for another few years ago now :p Spent many days hitting refresh on this site lol)

Installing it yes, but once i boot back into normal the screen looks like that.

Try uninstalling the drivers in safe mode. Reboot and install the motherboard chipset drivers, then reinstall the video drivers.

right so go into safe mode, uninstall those drivers boot into normal mode and try some diff drivers see if there is any difference

Beat it with a baseball bat? ;)

Are you sure that you downloaded the correct driver? You could try manually setting the resolution to something like 800x600 before installing the drivers.

Duxtape - Tried using an archived driver, didn't help. I let windows updater take a spin at picking one and it just tried installing the one i was already trying to install.

Yes i'm sure i'm getting the correct driver :p

Hey I got another idea. After installing the driver, set the resolution to 800x600 in safe mode, then reboot into Vista.

Back
Top Bottom