Music "stutters" when played

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
For the past month my computer seems to stutter music when i play it. it kinda sounds like when your trying to play a music video on a site but it "stutters" because you havent fully buffered it,

but my situation is that my audio collection is on my hard drive but they all sound exactly like that ^^ No matter what player i use it always sounds like that.

Things that might help you diagnose my problem
--------------------------------------------------

-My computer spends 45 seconds longer then usual loading at the boot screen

-My computer seems to stutter (the pointer freezes in place, slows down) whenever i launch bit comet, limewire, messenger, media player, itunes etc.

-Games that i play seem like they take signaficantly long to load

-Music that i play from my hard drive stutters so much that it stops playing whenever i am downloading something from bit comet.

-My computer increases in performance if i keep my free space to 80%
--------------------------------------------------

i really need help with this guys, i have over 2,000 songs and i cant listen to any of em because of how bad it sounds

i used that and it actually worked really well. whats weird is that i still get some skips in my music but hey atleast i can listen to it ;)

Hmmm,How much RAM do you have free when playing music? I Sometimes get this on my laptop,its because its running vista and i only have 1gb RAM.

This seems like a computer resource problem to me, somewhere.

It seems like the music is bothering you the most though, and I bet you are using onboard sound.

A dedicated board, however cheap would free up CPU time, stopping the skipping at least you are getting now.

I'd say do some cleaning up, defrag, spyware and virus scans, the usual...

I know it sounds weird, but I had basically a 10 year old computer that would do the same thing. If it's any newer than that, you honestly shouldn't have a problem.

In addition, I don't think your storage space should have that much to do with speed, besides search time on the hard disc.

Clean up your PC a little, and try Winamp, it's a very low resource player. Let me know how that works out for you.

so you unzipped the package
and then just double clicked on it?
mine wont work

it would help if i get the right version
de te de

Back
Top Bottom