What are your religious views?

my family history is muslim (the secular peaceful type), but i'm not into that. in fact, i dont do religion. i'm agnostic.

LOGIC & REASON FTW!

it's almost sad that you have to say that you're peaceful!

christians have murdered and pillaged their way across the world, but christians never have to define themselves as peaceful.

most religions are based around peace and keeping order.

it's almost sad that you have to say that you're peaceful!

christians have murdered and pillaged their way across the world, but christians never have to define themselves as peaceful.

most religions are based around peace and keeping order.

nvm...

I see this thread has taken a turn from science to the existence of Jesus. I'm no expert in the evidence for Jesus (although I know there is not one contemporary source showing Jesus did exist) so I guess I'll stay out of it.

Again, God doesn't send people to hell...people send themselves there, it's like if a person stole from others his whole life, only to be arrested and when asked about his crimes openly admitted to them, he obviously can expect to pay for his choices and is sentenced, but then after the verdict is delivered he whines about being sent to prison asking why can't he be set free? if that happened in the media today I think people would have little pitty on the man and think he is getting what he deserved, why not the same with God?

Actions have consequences and everything people do, and every choice will ultimately affect others. But you may wonder what if a good man lives his life helping others? gives every cent to charity and in just a super citizen but is not a believer? in God's eyes sin is sin...big sin, little sin its still sin.

For example, let's say two employees work at Wal-Mart. One steals pencils, pens, paper, food every now and them from the store. Little stuff he doesn't need but takes just for the hell of it. But the other employee is stealing things like CDs, DVDs, Cameras, Ipods every night just for the hell of it which would you think of as being the more criminal?

Truth is they are both just as guilty, the size and price of the items don't mean jack squat because it's like the bible says in 1st Samuel 16:7

"But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

-1st Samuel 16:7

And in the eyes of a perfect God anything less than perfect is just that...less, it's not perfect; it's lacking in something. No man can enter heaven by his own works no matter how many he has...granted, the bible says the good deeds you do knit your clothes in heaven. But they in themselves aren't a free pass into heaven.

I'm not even going to bother...

I'm an atheist. Used to believe in god when I was a kid, most likely because my mom is a christian.

Then later I figured that shit happens anyway, god (if he is up there) sure as hell doesn't seem to care. I guess you could say that I lost my faith. And now that I look back, I'm happy I did.

Also
occamsrazorbu0.jpg

Sorry to just butt in, but a lot of you keep referring to God as a "male"..which means that he has a male reproductive system...but God is not human though right? He's a higher spirit that you guys claim so please explain why you refer to him as Male...rather to a female or a spirit that is not human-like.

Sorry to just butt in, but a lot of you keep referring to God as a "male"..which means that he has a male reproductive system...but God is not human though right? He's a higher spirit that you guys claim so please explain why you refer to him as Male...rather to a female or a spirit that is not human-like.

well for 1 the bible refers the male as the one taking charge and the lady taking orders basically. it says somewhere not to listen to what's preached by women (why there's practically no women preachers)

well for 1 the bible refers the male as the one taking charge and the lady taking orders basically. it says somewhere not to listen to what's preached by women (why there's practically no women preachers)

a sexist unfair religion written by human beings. not very credible especially in modern times.

My faith is Christianity. I believe the Bible is 100% truth. That Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins. That just accepting and truly believing in God is the one way to heaven.

If you are offended by my beliefs, I'm sorry... A lot of you seem to be totally against anything to do with Christianity. It's my faith and I am sticking it it.

I'm with you. God created the heavens and the earth, and everyone in it in 7 days not millions of years. I believe evolution is a lying fantasy to draw others away from God. There is still no proof that evolution is true. But there is evidence that the bible is true. Go to www.thewayofthemaster.com and you'll see what I mean. There is only one way to heaven and that is Jesus Christ. He died for your sins on the cross and payed for the penalty of death by the blood he shed. He wants to come into your life and live in you. Please, ask for forgiveness, and accept Jesus Christ as your savior. If you have any questions, ask your local pastor or read the bible, or whatever suits you best. If you are offended by my beliefs, I'm sorry. It's my faith and I am sticking to it. :D

I'm with you. God created the heavens and the earth, and everyone in it in 7 days not millions of years. I believe evolution is a lying fantasy to draw others away from God. There is still no proof that evolution is true. But there is evidence that the bible is true. Go to www.thewayofthemaster.com and you'll see what I mean. There is only one way to heaven and that is Jesus Christ. He died for your sins on the cross and payed for the penalty of death by the blood he shed. He wants to come into your life and live in you. Please, ask for forgiveness, and accept Jesus Christ as your savior. If you have any questions, ask your local pastor or read the bible, or whatever suits you best. If you are offended by my beliefs, I'm sorry. It's my faith and I am sticking to it. :D

Do some basic science and biology ;) and look up some dude called Darwin..

nothing wrong with having your faith.. but theres no need to say that about there being no proof and all that.. there is plenty of proof that evolution exists..

i believe that the bible is a lie to draw away from the fact of evolution and the darwin way of thinking..

my beleif is that there is no heaven, there is no hell, there is no god.. once your life ends you either get buried and eaten by worms, or burnt to a cider and spread around over a field.. nothing else.. what you get on this earth is your lot.. so make the most of it while you can (hence the reason why its 2.30am and ive just got in from clubbing and excessive drinking lol)

Do some basic science and biology ;) and look up some dude called Darwin..

nothing wrong with having your faith.. but theres no need to say that about there being no proof and all that.. there is plenty of proof that evolution exists..

i believe that the bible is a lie to draw away from the fact of evolution and the darwin way of thinking..

my beleif is that there is no heaven, there is no hell, there is no god.. once your life ends you either get buried and eaten by worms, or burnt to a cider and spread around over a field.. nothing else.. what you get on this earth is your lot.. so make the most of it while you can (hence the reason why its 2.30am and ive just got in from clubbing and excessive drinking lol)

Or you're left to rot.

Back
Top Bottom